Getting My License - Mandaue, Lto

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Excellent info :541: and I will be sure to have Paul and Elsa help me when the time comes to get my license.

bungoton
Posted
Posted

We might have been in the LTO office at the same time. I got my license on Monday too. I had a similar experience but with my wife taking me to the office and dealing with the bureaucrats. The total time was about the same for me - 3 hours, but we had a staff member phone to let us know when my license was ready to pick up. The most difficult part was giving my sample for the drug test with the bathroom door open and a room full of people a few feet away.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Interesting read thanks for posting that Mike!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Back in 1998 in Olongapo City when I applied for my Philippine driver's license, it took 6 weeks to get it because the paperwork was sent to Manila and the license was processed, made there and redistributed back to the Olongapo LTO office! There wasn't any drug testing back then! That was in 1998, I don't know about today's LTO processing time in Olongapo City! For my license renewal last year, I went to the LTO office nearby Alabang (ATC) Alabang Town Center, which was a 25 minute drive from our home, it only took me about an hour to renew my license, because senior citizens were put at the head of the line and their waiting area was air conditioned which seats about 75 people! Most SM malls now have LTO license renewals and takes about 2 to 3 hours!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Great info, confirmation of what I had read about in blogs and forums elsewhere. Thanks for letting me check one more block off my "need to know" list prior to us making the move

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Not to hijack Mikes thread but anyone can probably answer this, or Mike can. Questions?? What is the renewal dates for drivers licenses? Is it like here in the states where it expires on our birthday? If so that would be a reason for me to hold off getting one, because we are usually not there on our birthday, also how many years is the license good for?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Not to hijack Mikes thread but anyone can probably answer this, or Mike can. Questions?? What is the renewal dates for drivers licenses? Is it like here in the states where it expires on our birthday? If so that would be a reason for me to hold off getting one, because we are usually not there on our birthday, also how many years is the license good for?
Valid for 3 years and expires on one's birthday.
  • Like 2

Elsa
Posted
Posted
Valid for 3 years and expires on one's birthday.
And also, You can renew your drivers license late with the penalty fee of 75.00 pesos. Elsawww.Denial of service

• 7 months later...
beegee
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike, this is on my (growing) list of things to know before I come over next year.