Posted
Posted

This post starting to sound like that "Jimmy" video 20 things I dislike..lol

• Like 4

jode
Posted
Posted

This post starting to sound like that "Jimmy" video 20 things I dislike..lol

yes i have to be careful I guess. We know how politically incorrect jimmy's poat turned out to be. Even though most agree everything he said was true. Even though he had proceeded it with a 20 things he likes about the Philippines. Our discussions have to be positive and feel good or woe be to us who violate that correctness.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

In the USA alot of people resent at times the regulations against open fires. Why can't they burn their leaves in the fall? Who doesn't like the smell of burning leaves? Why can't they have a little campfire in the back yard on a nice evening? Why does big brother have to tell me what I can and can't do?

Well those people should come to the Philippines and enjoy a more non-regulated world. Enjoy breathing the air when anybody can start a smoldering fire anytime. Burning their toilet paper, garbage, sweepings and other filth anytime they want to, and have the smoke end up in your house and in your lungs. As well as maybe starting the neighborhood on fire which seems to happen somewhere weekly in the cebu area.

Also enjoy the unregulated selling of food that may be old and rotten and may have been covered in flies. Enjoy the non regulated world of noise where the kid next door buys a motorcycle and promptly removes the muffler, so that he can draw everyones attention to himself and his new purchase. Enjoy the snarl of unregulated traffic with no signals at busy intersections. Hey no more having to stop at red lights, now that is freedom isn't it?

Enjoy the world where retail stores are unregulated and can advertise falsely and not back up the merchandise they sell. Maybe the deregulation of banks that helped lead to the near financial collapse of the world economy was not enough for you in USA. Then come to Philippines and enjoy the freedom from regulation on a broader scale. If nothing else it will change your attitude about government in USA and lead to a renewed patriotism for you.

Regulations to a large extent are to protect the average person from stupid selfish greedy idiots but if they make you feel too restricted come to Philippines and learn a lesson.

That could be written for the uk as well. We have restrictionson us but you realise when you visit other countries that they are there to protect you.
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Our discussions have to be positive and feel good or woe be to us who violate that correctness.

I enjoy the positive posts. I have no problems with the 'constructive criticism' kind of negative post. I understand the negative posts that make it clear the poster is just having a rant. Negative news articles are also a fact of life.

Beyond that are the negative posts that tear down something or someone else with the only intent to make themselves look or feel better. Those posts tend to do the opposite, in my view.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I still wonder what ever became of this Jimmy? Last I heard he may have been beaten to make him retract everything he said and never been seen or heard from again. Has he been "Eliminated"?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Cebu, Philippines is a unhealthy place to live. If you have problems with bronchitis, pneumonia, or have asthma, allergies or other respiratory problems, IMO you mostly likely will have the same medical problems if you live in the Cebu area and maybe in other parts of the Philippines, like Manila . And why do I say this, well first read my post on Air Purifiers. I use to have problems with bronchitis and getting a running nose with yellow or green junk coming out of my nose, now these have all but gone away. And my step daughter had the same problem with congestion and she has improved also. Here is a pic of the 3M filter in my split air con (air conditioner). A before and after pic. This is after just 2 days and I have to change it, I run all my air cons now 24hrs a day, on fan and on high during the day and low fan at night and have to change the 3M filters in some of my air cons every 2-3 days and others 3-5 days. Now if you were to live on a hill away from the main streets and roads, like I use to when I was living in Talamban, then you will have less problems, like I did. But I moved to Talisay City and bought a house and now have to filter my air in the house or I will get sick. As I was in a taxi going home on the SRP to Talisay City the other day I looked around and the Cebu area reminds me of the LA basin, hills on one side and the ocean on the other side and all I could see was dirty air. post-738-0-49269600-1317106140_thumb.jpgpost-738-0-76444600-1317106265_thumb.jpg

an interesting article on how one made a window unit w/filter

tho it was done in the us,it could be done here too

just need to find the filter parts here, then all would be sent to make this unit

A partial solution to this is to the do-it-yourself window filter

http://www.air-purif...ityourself.htmlpost-1293-0-55217200-1339001447_thumb.jppost-1293-0-41839900-1339001475_thumb.jppost-1293-0-18508500-1339001506_thumb.jppost-1293-0-93538800-1339001516_thumb.jp

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If you are using a reusable filter (one that can be washed), go to an industrial supply store and get a spray can of Filter Kote or a similar product. This is a product that you spray onto the filter and it will trap and hold pollutants until washed away with a mild soap and water solution. And it will multiply the efficiency of the filter by many many times!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I don`t know what the filters are made of here. When I used to service gas appliances we used to take the filters out of warm air heaters and bang the dust out of them outside they used to last for years. We also did this for aircon units.