Can't Get A Credit Card Now

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Finally getting a credit card, after denials by citibank, hsbc, paypal, e-bay and chase, USAA was the one. So thanks again ed villas.....I'm opening up a checking account and having my military retired pay direct deposited also. I had to open a 2yr CD and that balance will be my credit card security. I looked at Mr Lee's secure credit card link and one credit card had a interest rate of 49.9% wtf!!!!These banks just take advantage us....hsbc I have had a debit card for 2 years with them, they have used my money while it was in their bank and what do they do for me ..nothing, needless to say I will be closing that hsbc account very soon.
Just decided to bring this topic back, because for just kicks and giggles, I applied for a regular Visa credit card today from USAA which serves active duty and retired military members and I was amazed they approved my application in just 10 minutes after answering their short questionnaire, while recently my own bank and all the other banks denied me! The only thing was, that the credit limit USAA gave me was so small, it's just enough for a rental car for 10 days! Oh well, at least it's a start or my road back to the credit world which I can take it or leave it! Maybe I can request a credit limit increase later after a year or two or die trying! I've had secured deposit credit cards before due to a bad credit history! I didn't like it and it didn't serve a purpose, because one can just as easily pay cash! Anyway, we're doing fine now financially without credit cards for the past 13 yrs, but any credit available now will be OK when it's available as a back up only just for any unexpected emergencies!
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not sure what you expect ?When one leaves the work force and is increasing in age there is no reason or backup for a credit provider to give credit.A pension usually is not enough to gain credit in most places around the world.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Not sure what you expect ?When one leaves the work force and is increasing in age there is no reason or backup for a credit provider to give credit. A pension usually is not enough to gain credit in most places around the world.
What do you mean, I don't know what to expect? Didn't you hear what I said? I did get a credit card and you're doubting me of my good intentions! :thumbsup:There you go again assuming on my behalf, where you know nothing about me or my particular situation! :( My pension today is more than what I was earning when I was working 13 years ago! So, go figure that out, because it's not the norm when I left the work force and receiving more from my pensions today!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not sure what you expect ?When one leaves the work force and is increasing in age there is no reason or backup for a credit provider to give credit. A pension usually is not enough to gain credit in most places around the world.
What do you mean, I don't know what to expect? Didn't you hear what I said? I did get a credit card and you're doubting me of my good intentions! :thumbsup:There you go again assuming on my behalf, where you know nothing about me or my particular situation! :( My pension today is more than what I was earning when I was working 13 years ago! So, go figure that out, because it's not the norm when I left the work force and receiving more from my pensions today!
I did not doubt your intentions or anything,I said that in most places credit cards are not issued to those on pensions to my knowledge anyway.I did not say, "I dont know what to expect" I said I'm not sure what you expect. Anyway I guess I am half right that you only got a small limit and I bet its because you are on a pension and also age comes into it. If a bank gave you $50000 limit at the age of say 80 and you spent it and died the next day they may have no way to recover the money in many cases.So dont get defensive every time I post something or don't you read what I post but prefer to just think I'm attacking you anyway. :(

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
What do you mean, I don't know what to expect? Didn't you hear what I said? I did get a credit card and you're doubting me of my good intentions! :1247:There you go again assuming on my behalf, where you know nothing about me or my particular situation! :as-if: My pension today is more than what I was earning when I was working 13 years ago! So, go figure that out, because it's not the norm when I left the work force and receiving more from my pensions today!
I did not doubt your intentions or anything,I said that in most places credit cards are not issued to those on pensions to my knowledge anyway.I did not say, "I dont know what to expect" I said I'm not sure what you expect. Anyway I guess I am half right that you only got a small limit and I bet its because you are on a pension and also age comes into it. If a bank gave you $50000 limit at the age of say 80 and you spent it and died the next day they may have no way to recover the money in many cases.So dont get defensive every time I post something or don't you read what I post but prefer to just think I'm attacking you anyway. :89:
IMHO, you use poor choices of words in your remarks or expressions that just rubs me and other members the wrong way! So, think before you leap! That's all I'm saying and we'll understand one another better instead of talking over one another! Simple as that!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What do you mean, I don't know what to expect? Didn't you hear what I said? I did get a credit card and you're doubting me of my good intentions! :1247:There you go again assuming on my behalf, where you know nothing about me or my particular situation! :as-if: My pension today is more than what I was earning when I was working 13 years ago! So, go figure that out, because it's not the norm when I left the work force and receiving more from my pensions today!
I did not doubt your intentions or anything,I said that in most places credit cards are not issued to those on pensions to my knowledge anyway.I did not say, "I dont know what to expect" I said I'm not sure what you expect. Anyway I guess I am half right that you only got a small limit and I bet its because you are on a pension and also age comes into it. If a bank gave you $50000 limit at the age of say 80 and you spent it and died the next day they may have no way to recover the money in many cases.So dont get defensive every time I post something or don't you read what I post but prefer to just think I'm attacking you anyway. :89:
IMHO, you use poor choices of words in your remarks or expressions that just rubs me and other members the wrong way! So, think before you leap! That's all I'm saying and we'll understand one another better instead of talking over one another! Simple as that!
Right back at you

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Right back at you
You see, it's all about respect, cultural exchange and mutual understanding by all on your fine forum! If one makes too many unknowledgeable assumptions, then one just may make an ASS out of U and ME for all to read on your fine forum!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What do you mean, I don't know what to expect? Didn't you hear what I said? I did get a credit card and you're doubting me of my good intentions! :1247:There you go again assuming on my behalf, where you know nothing about me or my particular situation! :89: My pension today is more than what I was earning when I was working 13 years ago! So, go figure that out, because it's not the norm when I left the work force and receiving more from my pensions today!
Right back at you
You see, it's all about respect, cultural exchange and mutual understanding by all on your fine forum! If one makes too many unknowledgeable assumptions, then one just may make an ASS out of U and ME for all to read on your fine forum!
ArtSit down and have a San Miguel.You might just find you are making a mountain out of a mole hill so chill out. :as-if:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

OK! You're the Boss, but you're not a gollygoodfellow! You need to change your username again to something more appropriate like (IGOTTHELASTWORDS)! :1247:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
OK! You're the Boss, but you're not a gollygoodfellow! You need to change your username again to something more appropriate like (IGOTTHELASTWORDS)! :as-if:
Not a problemLet me remind you that Christmas is only 351 days away, Santa is watching you :1247: