Homes For Under 10K In The Us

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It is hard to believe in this day and age that some homes can be bought that cheap, but it appears there are lots of them and will probably be even more once the new batch of foreclosures kicks in. I received this in an email from a friend who did not wish his name mentioned, so I thought I would pass it along for cost comparisons and to give members other possible options. Check them out HERE

post-40-0-76863600-1317329546_thumb.jpg

Southern-Fried Single-Family

Price: $9,000Beds/Baths: 2/1Sq. Ft.: N/A Two bedrooms, one bathroom and a patch of lawn in Birmingham, Ala., for $9,000. For more photos and details, see the listing.

post-40-0-70517300-1317329563_thumb.jpg

Sweet (Dirt-Cheap) Home Alabama

Price: $8,500Beds/Baths: 3/1Sq Ft: N/A This foreclosed three-bedroom in Birmingham is going for $8,500. The interior looks surprisingly clean and well-finished.

post-40-0-51797600-1317329581_thumb.jpg

And even a Condo With a Carport

Price: $7,500Beds/Baths: 2/2Sq. Ft.: 915 Another foreclosure, this condo asks only $7,500 but gives you two bedrooms, two bathrooms and your very own carport. We're looking at a measly $8 per square foot!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Note that some of these properties owe back property taxes, which the new owner has to pay. The previous owners may have gutted everything inside including light fixtures, switches, electrical outlets, doors, toilets, sinks, wiring, etc. Sometimes it is just their way of spitting on the banker who is foreclosing on the property. Some of these homes are also in really bad neighborhoods. Aloha - JJR

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Note that some of these properties owe back property taxes, which the new owner has to pay. The previous owners may have gutted everything inside including light fixtures, switches, electrical outlets, doors, toilets, sinks, wiring, etc. Sometimes it is just their way of spitting on the banker who is foreclosing on the property. Some of these homes are also in really bad neighborhoods. Aloha - JJR
Kuya Lee's post mentioned the State of Alabama and cheap homes! What's Alabama like? Sure some homes are in foreclosure and selling dirt cheap, but if one knows nothing about the State in which the home is located, I don't think it would be an attractive sell and not knowing the neighborhood and people would be another concern! No, I'm not that desperate to take a leap of faith on a hunch even with a $10,000 price tag! Too iffy!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Kuya Lee's post mentioned the State of Alabama and cheap homes! What's Alabama like? Sure some homes are in foreclosure and selling dirt cheap, but if one knows nothing about the State in which the home is located, I don't think it would be an attractive sell and not knowing the neighborhood and people would be another concern! No, I'm not that desperate to take a leap of faith on a hunch even with a $10,000 price tag! Too iffy!
If people followed the original link, there were homes all over the country and not just in Alabama but I picked those two out there because my friend sent them to me, and told me about them since he lives in Alabama and says it is very nice. Now just because he lives in Alabama and thinks where he lives is nice, I have no idea if where those homes would be located would also be nice. So I posted those just to show people they have options and that condo listed at the end was $7500 and in Idaho. To JJR I have no idea what the conditions of those homes might be except for the photos in the links and one home looked to be in pretty good shape by the photos shown within the link, so there are deals to be had and an empty lot in the Philippines could not be bought for the price of some of those homes, and how much worse could the neighborhoods be than some places people are choosing to live within the Philippines. I do not recommend people like Art move from the Philippines to one of those homes, but people in the states have choices and I was just pointing some out to them. Move across the world, or move within the US, the choice is theirs to do upon retirement because for now, it seems at least Americans have those choices.

brock
Posted
Posted

Wish I could build one like these in the Philippines for that price

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

These properties could very well be nice and that buyers can purchase them at a bargain. All I am say is, "Caveat Emptor." Let the buyer beware. My wife, son and I jointly own a real estate company in Hawaii with my wife as Principal Broker and my son as Broker-in-Charge. We know a few horror stories. One big issue is homes with toxic mold hidden between walls and underneath carpets. These are known as "sick" homes. Costs for removal could be more than the value of the property. The buyer can hire a professional inspector, but they would have to drill holes into the walls and rip sections of the carpet. Most sellers won't agree. I would be especially cautious with vacant homes in warm climate, high humidity areas. The lack of ventilation for weeks or months maybe conducive to the growth of toxic mold. Aloha - JJR

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I'm in the process of "hoping" to get this place in Arizona... 20110415193628296310000000.jpg There are a ton of cheap places in the Phoenix area, and because of the fact so many baby boomers will want to retire towards a warmer place, and the fact Phoenix can handle 7 million people, and they are at 3 million...I like to believe any home in this want to retire area will be a better value then bible belt USA.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

If it wasn't for Valley Fever http://phoenix.about...lleyfever01.htm, which I acquired in Arizona, I would consider living there, but the only thing that would be expensive is the cost of electricity and gas! I was stationed at Luke Air Force Base in Litchfield, Arizona between 1975 to 1979 and enjoyed myself due to the all year round clear skies, except for the dry heat, cold winter months, and flash flooding due to areas of Arizona is pretty flat except for the beautiful mountains of Camel Back, South Mountain and mountain forests of Flagstaff and Sadona! I also enjoy trout fishing in the many lakes in Flagstaff!

Edited by Art2ro

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I'm in the process of "hoping" to get this place in Arizona... 20110415193628296310000000.jpg There are a ton of cheap places in the Phoenix area, and because of the fact so many baby boomers will want to retire towards a warmer place, and the fact Phoenix can handle 7 million people, and they are at 3 million...I like to believe any home in this want to retire area will be a better value then bible belt USA.
Looks darn nice, but at $77,000 it's still out of my price range! How's the neighbors though in Buckeye, Arizona! Kuya Lee's post of $10,000 is more to my liking, but still would be iffy useless it's in Arizona which I lived before and know the area!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Looks darn nice, but at $77,000 it's still out of my price range! How's the neighbors though in Buckeye, Arizona! Kuya Lee's post of $10,000 is more to my liking, but still would be iffy useless it's in Arizona which I lived before and know the area!
HERE are some in Buckeye, Ariz for as low as $22,000. The deals are out there all over the US, but as JJR said, let the buyer beware, just as in any place on earth. 208 6th Avenue WBuckeye, AZ 85326 $22,000 post-40-0-28316600-1317473570_thumb.jpg 212 E Jackson AvenueBuckeye, AZ 85326 $32,900 post-40-0-06393500-1317473581_thumb.jpg 606 S 5th StreetBuckeye, AZ 85326 $33,900 post-40-0-93075300-1317473593_thumb.jpg