Stress In The Philippines

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Not buying, and simply renting will be far less stress. :no:

Bundy
Posted
Posted

A great post Dave. You've just listed all the reasons why i want to live in the Philippines. Every time i'm there i definitely don't feel stressed! and i look forward to the day when i won't have to leave, except for the welcome holidays to another s.e.a. country. If all goes well i'm still hoping to be there by Feb 2012. :no:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have been here 2 weeks now and my stress level has gone right down along with my heartbeat rate. 1 thing I don`t like here (which I should be used to now after the amount of time I have been in SEA ) is when taxi drivers use their car horns to get my attention, we don`t use car horns this way in the UK. I sometimes jump out of my skin when they do it. Time to change my shorts again!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Less or no stress is: When one no longer have to wait for your landlord to fix anything that breaks in the home your renting! When the landlord doesn’t increase your rent 10 to 20% each year!When one buys their own home or get one built the way one wants it!When one doesn’t have to make ends meet between paychecks! When the wife or girlfriend doesn’t nag one to death!When the wife or girlfriend can cook a decent meal most of the time!When extended family no longer knocks on the door uninvited, but asks for permission!When the car doesn’t crap out all the time! When BOI personnel know what they are doing! When dollar exchange rate is over P44!When one can afford to hire a driver and vehicle to get from point A to point B and then back in one peace! When one can hire domestic helpers that don't constantly break things! When one can take decent vacations 2 to 3 times a year weather it's in the RP or elsewhere!When one only spends 40% of their pension on their monthly living expenses here in the RP! When the global recession improves, even at a snail’s pace!When members get along on forums! I can go on and on, but I'll leave it up to others to add their comments!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 4

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have found that retirement in itself has reduced my stress level, yet sometimes running a forum and having so many different personalities expecting me/us to satisfy their wishes, as to how the forum should be run, causes me great unnecessary stress. As Tom and others have said, we cannot please everyone, so members should please try to understand what has been made clear in some of the question posts I have made, that what one does not like, another does, so in the scheme of life, is it really worth getting so upset about news stories or what a person writes, if you do not like what I/they write, please skip over those posts, and in that way your life will have a lot less stress, because I surely do not wish to be the cause of any of your stress. Life and retirement is supposed to be fun, please try to enjoy yourselves and not let the small stuff upset you and cause you stress.

• Like 4

joellouisalba
Posted
Posted

Amen to that Kuya Lee.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

"Stress in life is sometimes imposed upon us and at times it's what we make it to be or not, but life is grand, when we have choices the way in how and where we want to live our lives"! Without the freedom of our choices, we are all screwed and stress is then imposed upon us once more!

• Like 1

Travis
Posted
Posted

the only stress I had was trying to pay my bills when the exchange rate dropped coz I could have put up with all the other negatives

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Stress by living in Philippines...???? Only when i drive in the hectic traffic of manila. :)

• Like 1