Stress In The Philippines

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I avoid going into Manila with or without a hired driver as much as possible, say like once a year or every other year the most just to fly out of NAIA, when we used to do our visa run and I'll probably do my last visa run next year, because I plan to apply for my dual citizenship by then which will end my visa runs forever! Stress, who needs it! People seem to live longer without the stress in their lives when retired and living a safe, quiet comfortable lifestyle! Just remember, it's always a matter of money, location, location, location and the love of a good, affectionate, decent and honest Filipina!

Jake
Posted
Posted
Do not fool yourself into thinking that just because it is the Philippines it is less stressful. You have to have the right mindset to live here. Life is alot slower and some enjoy that. However coming from a world that operates like today is the last day of your life. That can be stressful. As with any retirement you must find what you enjoy prior to that point. Otherwise life will be stressful looking for fulfillment. The thing about this post it shows once you settled into your surroundings it can be easy. You will find the benefits of living here. Most will give up ship prior to reaching that point. If you can make 6 months straight you have reached the top and will see the finer points.
Hello Norseman, Ooh yeah, I can definitely enjoy "island time". After being in the stressful rat race in the militaryand California lifestyle, I believe I deserve (as well as others) our retirement to pursue the lifeof leisure, restarting our old hobbies or rejuvenating our old bones in sport activities. Welcome aboard sir -- Jake
  • Like 1

Norseman
Posted
Posted

I retired from the US Marine Corps and I found that first 6 months so hard. I think I forgot how to relax. It is a real issue with people that come from the west here. How do say I can do that another time. Filipinos do that as a lifestyle and adjusting for me was painful.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
I retired from the US Marine Corps and I found that first 6 months so hard. I think I forgot how to relax. It is a real issue with people that come from the west here. How do say I can do that another time. Filipinos do that as a lifestyle and adjusting for me was painful.
First of all, please allow me to salute you for a job well done and that you didn't come home in a body bag. Yeah, it took me nearly a full year to readjust completely into retirement. As you may know, US military givesout daily doses of stressful situations and I had to force myself to relax, I mean really relax. We both knowthat a typical military day is trying to pack 20lbs of chit in a 10lbs bag and it was due yesterday. We are bothsurvivals of all that military chicken chit. Respectfully -- Jake (retired E-9 and lovin' it)
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It seems that there will always be some form of stress just due to the many decisions one has to make on a daily basis, but at different intensities depending on the subject matter, situation or circumstances. Most of our stress comes from financial issues because in life, it’s always a matter of money! The more you have of it, less the stress, but when one has less or no money, one’s stress level sky rockets and all hell breaks loose and we all know how that feels! We all been there in some point in our lives or some are still there, but just coping and hoping for better times!