I Wonder How Much Money He Sent Her

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I remember the first time I flew into Manila and was expecting a female friend (now my wife) to pick me up. After clearing immigration, getting my bags and clearing customs, I then proceeded out the door, waited and waited, finally wondering what had happen (also a bit pissed) I tried to call her only to find out my phone would not work. Several airport workers offered to call my friend for me for a small fee. All said they could not get an answer and one came back and said that he was able to talk to her and that I should just wait for her. It was not until another passenger that had arrived came up to me and told me that in order to meet people that are picking you up that you have to cross the road and go up or down the ramp as is determined by the spelling of your last name. I did as directed and sure enough, there was my friend wondering what took me so long because she had seen me on a video screen after I had arrived and thought I would be coming out soon. I wonder if maybe this guy also did not know how far and where he had to go in order to meet people that are picking you up at the airport. It is a bit more complicated than other airports that I have been too.
I know visitors are not allowed in the arrivals area in Cebu so what you say sounds the same in Manila. My very first trip to Cebu; I was sitting next to another Australian between Singapore and Cebu,he was telling me this and that about his girlfriend and he had met the family last time,he even had a frozen leg of ham in is bag as they loved ham. Anyway when we got to Cebu and outside where I got a taxi and the crowd were across the road waving and yelling,I got into my taxi and drove off while he was still standing with a disappointed look on his face. Never did find out if she showed or he ate ham for two weeks on his own.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

After giving it some thought I do feel some compassion for the dude.After spending 24+ hours on a plane and having who knows what kinda drama going on he may have had a panic attack or a real breakdown of some kind. The papers may have unfairly made him out as just another crazy Foreigner.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
After giving it some thought I do feel some compassion for the dude.After spending 24+ hours on a plane and having who knows what kinda drama going on he may have had a panic attack or a real breakdown of some kind. The papers may have unfairly made him out as just another crazy Foreigner.
Would be interesting to know if she was waiting over the road or somewhere. Maybe he knew nothing about how things work and she did all the correct things.Lots of crazy foreigners out there. :o

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Would be interesting to know if she was waiting over the road or somewhere. Maybe he knew nothing about how things work and she did all the correct things.Lots of crazy foreigners out there. :o
Or maybe no one told him about "Filipino Time". :mocking:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Would have even been more interesting if she was a he. hehehehe

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Maybe he was standing next to her in the toilets and did not know it :o
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Or maybe no one told him about "Filipino Time". :mocking:
Or maybe the guy was just doing the "Filipino Pastime", enjoyed it too much and forgot that it was finally Filipino time! :mocking:Yeah Dan, I thought you would like that, but ops I think I'm on the wrong topic! :mocking: Oh well, but it still stands! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dang, Art that is cold man!! :o

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted
You are absolutely right, i agree with you, would love to know more about it though....such a story!!! worths to say it in a kanos meeting over a dozen of san migs :o
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
He-she on Filipino overtime while getting his/her toe nails polished and rear end clean shavenfor the big event.....he, she, he, she. Too much coffee this morning -- Jake
  • Like 1