Over Population

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
but how do we "convince" that a large family is too much of a burden? that 2 children will provide as much love& happiness as 3,4,5 children...
'We' don't. It seems that is your agenda, but it is not mine. If I was against families of more than 2 children then I would be short 2 brothers who are great guys and missing a daughter and a son who I rather like. I would also have to go forth in the Philippines and tell all the girls I meet: Sorry, I had my 2 already. I have no wish to argue further but you are pushing the point here and the bottom line is: We are stepping into areas that some of us believe just ain't our business.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Could they be correct? I am quite sure that corruption is hurting the Philippines big time, bu isn't over population equally hurting the country? Corruption, not huge population, cause of poverty, says solon 11/05/2011A party-list lawmaker blamed the previous Arroyo administration’s failure to stump out corruption as the culprit in the wide gap between the rich few and the masses who wallow in poverty not huge population as ascribed by members of the minority bloc in the Lower House. According to Gabriela Rep. Luzviminda Ilagan, the Arroyo government failed to stop if not minimize widespread corruption in government leading to a failure in maximizing the country’s finances for all its citizens. Ilagan, an advocate of the Reproductive Health (RH) bill, said that the huge Philippine population can be good for the country if the government has put to good use its huge human resources. “A large population is not a problem. It can even be an advantage so long as people can provide for their children. But our country is poor, the government is corrupt and there is unequal distribution of resources,” Ilagan said yesterday. Ilagan pointed out that government service could be enhanced without corruption in government. “The government should have clear priorities in terms of services: health, education, employment and housing. Corruption should be curbed starting with the top officials. Most importantly, there should be a national policy on reproductive health to give poor women information and access to all types of family planning and not control methods,” Ilagan said.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

For sure the population will increase due to the labor ban of 41 countries! When the OFWs come home after their employment contracts has expired, there will be hundreds of thousands of unemployed OFWs unable to find work and will have a lot of spare time with idle hands and won‘t have anything else better to do than make more babies, which I describe as “the Filipino Past Time”! What’s there to do? Nothing as long as the Philippine government have deft ears and corrupt officials!

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
but how do we "convince" that a large family is too much of a burden? that 2 children will provide as much love& happiness as 3,4,5 children...
'We' don't. It seems that is your agenda, but it is not mine. If I was against families of more than 2 children then I would be short 2 brothers who are great guys and missing a daughter and a son who I rather like. I would also have to go forth in the Philippines and tell all the girls I meet: Sorry, I had my 2 already. I have no wish to argue further but you are pushing the point here and the bottom line is: We are stepping into areas that some of us believe just ain't our business.
Do I have an agenda?honestly... YES.i wish to discuss this as it has not been yet FULLY discussed in this forum,IS it my intention to upset.offend or Pi s s off someone.. NO.i have kept my language simple.clean and CIVIL. AS I have said in previous POSTINGS this forum is to1.Entertain2. Be informational,helpful3. a place that we can share ideals, our thoughts ,our problems4. Seek advice .A place that we can turn too5. Discuss on items in a safe,anonymous manner My posting is to seek a discussion on a Topic that has not been FULLY COVERED or DISCUSSED http://www.philippin...tion=boardrulesTopicsTopics on this forum are to be Philippine related; religious or political posts are not allowed unless they relate to the Philippines. Discussing sex is not permitted here either, you may use the nightlife forum for this. in this forum we have discussed the "FAMILY TAX"how some families are "dependent" on us.some members have supported "families" thru education, food, a better living environment YES it may be a "inappropriate" topic to some ,and we should NOT CRAM our values in to those who may not fully understand our intentions, BUT If we dont discuss in some way. even slightly,,THE lack of a discussion can come back in a few years and BITE us on the rear area , ED what do you mean?? 1.HONESTLY ITS ALL ECONOMICS 2. If we canin a appropriate ,non offensive ,informational manner.We could save a life( health care issues, maternal ,child bearing )and in turn provide them a better life. IT IS NOT or WAS NOT my intention to "offend" others. perhaps I should go back and find more pictures of those wild,erotic women of walmart to post http://www.angelfire...s/walmart18.jpg http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/3256.jpg
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Well, at my age of 63, I think I’ve paid my dues in the western world and in the Philippines when it concerns our extended families! That’s why we’re finally retired and don’t have any of our extended family living with us to this day, because we’ve been there and done all that in our younger years! It’s now time for us to kick back, relax and enjoy the fruits of our labor! If one constantly worries about everything else outside of the immediate family circle, one will just get all stressed out and develop ulcers or whatever and possibly just kick the bucket and put into an early grave! Just not worth it! Take care of #1, me, myself and I! I'm not selfish, but just a practical person using my common sense! Don't worry about over population, it'll still be there doubled or tripled even after we are all long gone weather we contributed or not to the cause to help!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A long time ago I decided to lead by example,will my contribution help reduce the Philippines population;I believe so. Will the idea catch on in the Philippines by my leading the way;not in my life time I suspect.Never have regretted my vasectomy. :)