Is It So Easy To Find A Good Girlfriend?

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

I've been online dating sites for some time now, with my location set as Cebu.I'm simply amazed over the response, 50+messages daily from new ladies, even I'm old and not very handsome lol. * Do Cebu have so many single ladies, or are many in a relationship with a Pinoy?* Are many of them just playing, to see what response they get?* For you with experience with the Filipina, what signals do you look for to decide whether she's good girl, or not?I only try to avoid those who are online long after midnight, or very seductive in their photos. Majority of my new friends don't have a job, how can they afford to be online many times a week, when unemployed? In Thailand I prefer to be intruduced to a lady through friends. I think this is the best way to find a decent lady looking for love, and not just only a rich man. Is it so easy to find a good decent girlfriend ? Your advice and experience very appreciated.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

In my opinion the first sign of a not so good girl is the one who starts off with ,I love you and soon tells you how the cabaro died or lola is sick.Some use online dating as their income source, many foreign boyfriends send money to the same girl. Having said that;not all are like that and there are many good girls online too.It does not really take that much to work out who wants to scam you for your money but seems some can not see the signs.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think the operative words are 'GOOD girlfriend'. Its easy to find a girl. Its easy to find a lot of girls. I don't think its easy to find the right girlfriend (if you are even looking for one long term).

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The thing about girls going on line to find a foreigner has been discussed in other threads and there is little agreement among members. Here is what I think you will notice. When you first join up with any of those web sites you will be overwhelmed with responses. If you stay for a while then you get fewer and fewer responses. If you quit and then come back in a year with a new profile you will again be overwhelmed with responses . . . . . from many of the same girls that were there a year ago. Now what does your common sense tell you?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"In Thailand I prefer to be intruduced to a lady through friends. I think this is the best way to find a decent lady looking for love, and not just only a rich man."IMO this wise strategy would a good choice in Philippines too. It worked for me.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Meeting Filipino women online or meeting them in person is very much like dating in our own home country, one out of maybe 10 to 20 will be good for us, and we just have to sort through them all until we get to one that is compatible with us, and in the group we wish them to be. Some men only want virgins, and others only want non virgins, and so on and so on, so we each have different opinions of what a good girl is. I know of a lot of people who have met wives or gf's with boots on the ground on their own, via friends, and via online chat, and once they find one they click with, then the work is done. Many years ago (over 20) via snail mail, I got over a hundred letters and found about 10 of those were probably good girls who might be compatible, so nowadays with the internet and different family values, the number might be one out of 20, or possibly even higher. My thoughts on this is to be honest in your profile, if a man wants a virgin, then say so, and that will cut out a lot of bs, if a man wants a woman to play with, then say so, if a man wants a women who will eventually become his wife, then say so, and also say that you will not send any money to anyone you have not met in person etc. One of my friends found a great wife by being honest in his wants, and I know of other great women out there who are seeking husbands such as a niece who has sought a partner online, and two of the ladies that we consider our adopted daughters, as well as some of their single teacher friends that we have brought to our get togethers, but I will not be the one to introduce anyone to them since I have found that even when I met a member or person who asked me to find someone for them, I really did not know who they were inside, so it is up to the men seeking to find the good ones online or in person to do it themselves, because they do exist. One way to meet single ladies is to come to some of our get togethers, because there are almost always some single ladies who come, or hang out with other expats because some of those who are married or in relationships better half's will meet you and see you are a good person, so might introduce you to their friends, it is much better that way once a person knows you in person. Lets face it, as many bad ladies that are out there, there are just as many, if not more, bad guys trolling the internet or wandering around the streets looking for their next score.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Put a message in your profile that you will not and do not send money. See how fast you can weed out the girls that just as well could be guys posting girls pictures. As stated by others, there are some girls that make all of their money by getting men to send them money. Some are even married or have boyfriends that assist them so as to share in the proceeds. You can and many have found honest, good girlfriends on those sites but you have to be more than just a little bit careful.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm not against internet dating sites! I wish it was available back in my time period! Back in the 60s, it was from magazines one can buy off the streets and one had to do a lot of letter writing and expensive long distance phone calls! Now, it's just with a click of a mouse! Isn't technology awesome? OK, back to the topic! Since there are hundreds and thousands of women on these internet dating sites, all I can say is, " good luck" and "Que sera, sera"! Which means, "What will be, will be" in Spanish!

Travis
Posted
Posted

yes & no. finding a good lady is easy but finding 1 who has a family who will not want anything from you is much harder

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
Put a message in your profile that you will not and do not send money. See how fast you can weed out the girls that just as well could be guys posting girls pictures. As stated by others, there are some girls that make all of their money by getting men to send them money. Some are even married or have boyfriends that assist them so as to share in the proceeds. You can and many have found honest, good girlfriends on those sites but you have to be more than just a little bit careful.
I tried that, and for a week ..... well honestly ...... no messages.So I deleted it, as I like to get msg. Then rather do the hard work, to clean out those with other motive.