90 Day Visa For Fillipina To Visit Spain

Curley
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend cannot satisfy two of the conditions below. She has no job so therefore cannot get a letter stating that she has work to return to BUT she does have acceptance from her uni to go back to do her Bachelors next year. She only opened her bank account in Oct so cannot provide 6 months of statements. Does anyone know how strict they are?RequirementsFilled out and signed Spain tourist visa application form pdf4.gifbOriginal, signed Philippines passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.cPassport-type photographs: 4dItinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.eHealth Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.fBank Statement. Copies of bank statements from the past 6 months.gEmployment Letter. A letter from your employer/school (on business letterhead, with contact details), stating that a leave of absence has been granted and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.hHotel Reservations. Copy of the Hotel Reservations, ORiPersonal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation with the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date. You will also need to provide proof of the host's status in Spain ie. copy of their Spain passport's information page, or, if they are not a citizen of Spain, copies of their Spain residence permit and their national passport's information pages.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Most countries if not all are rather strict on tourist visas for Filipinos. My personal opinion is to provide as much evidence as possible that she can afford the trip and that she has family to return too. The bottom or last requirement is where you need to really push the point that you will be supporting her.I am not sure how long you have known your girlfriend but if not that long her chances are slim. Please note that all of the above is just my personal opinion and wish you both luck.

brock
Posted
Posted

I always thought it was easy for a Filipina to go to Spain

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's no way for your average Filipino who doesn't have a job, home, business, a large bank account or other assets to get a tourist visa outside of the Philippines to anywhere period, but if they do meet all the requirements, they have a chance in getting a tourist visa most likely to anywhere they choose for their particular purpose that makes sense to the immigration official doing the interview!

Edited by Art2ro

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
There's no way for your average Filipino who doesn't have a job, home, business, a large bank account or other assets to get a tourist visa outside of the Philippines to anywhere period, but if they do meet all the requirements, they have a chance in getting a tourist visa most likely to anywhere they choose for their particular purpose that makes sense to the immigration official doing the interview!
Just for the record, a friend of mine got a tourist visa for his Filipina girlfriend just a few weeks ago,this is to go to Australia. In his case he is living with her in Cebu,had to show their lease with both names on it I believe. She has no job or bank account or business.The purpose of the visa was for visiting his family and to attend a wedding.So depends on ones circumstances.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Just for the record, a friend of mine got a tourist visa for his Filipina girlfriend just a few weeks ago,this is to go to Australia. In his case he is living with her in Cebu,had to show their lease with both names on it I believe. She has no job or bank account or business.The purpose of the visa was for visiting his family and to attend a wedding.So depends on ones circumstances.
For the record, it sounds like the boy friend knew someone on the inside and had deep pockets to grease the interviewer's palms! Yes, it depends on the circumstances alright, when money talks or it just happened to be his girlfriend's lucky day (yeah right) that the interviewer was in a good charitable mood!

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your replies, it doesn't sound very hopeful, looks as though I gave to sell up and move to Cebu or somewhere else in the Pfilippines.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
For the record, it sounds like the boy friend knew someone on the inside and had deep pockets to grease the interviewer's palms! Yes, it depends on the circumstances alright, when money talks or it just happened to be his girlfriend's lucky day (yeah right) that the interviewer was in a good charitable mood!
Not true at all Art,do the paper work correctly and if there is no reason that it should be denied then it wont, remember they live together so are in a relationship.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Filipinos can travel visa free to quite a few countries, unfortunately Spain is not one of them, so you two could possibly meet up in one of those countries, yet I would say that for the ladies sake, and her families, it might be best for you to at least visit her first and get to know her and them, and them you. It is estimated that 62 countries and territories granted visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to Philippine passport holders, while 41 countries and territories are visa free accessible (visa on arrival for free counted). Visa issued prior to arrival or pre-arrangement required for countries or territories not mentioned below.Travel for Filipino Citizens HOLDERS OF THE FOLLOWING PASSPORTS REQUIRE A VALID VISA TO ENTER SPAIN So no one can tell you for sure how they will react to a request that does not include all required items, yet they ask for them for a reason, so my guess is that they expect those items and without them, they will most likely deny the visa. Also, one of the things the US does about bank accounts is ask proof where the money came from, so just having a bank account for the correct time will probably not work because they may suspect someone trying to circumvent their system. The best of luck to you both whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I was just about to post this yesterday when the site shutdown. It is similar as to what Lee posted above.Many people have already done the paperwork numerous times, but still lacked the basic requirements for a tourist visa and therefore have been denied several times and some just happen to get pass under the radar and get away with it some how on a good day, but not too many, but how did they do it? I don't have a clue! Could be on the whim of the interviewer or a quota system of some sort where some are approved at random! I don't know, just guessing now at this point! Visa requirements are different for almost every country, some are strict and some laxed! Even the immigration attorney, Micheal Gufinkel and associates from San Francisco, Ca and in their Manila office have mentioned on his TV talk show that tourist visas for Filipinos are difficult to get and will say the same things I've already mentioned concerning the basic requirements in order to qualify for a tourist visa! His immigration law practice doesn't provide service for tourist visas, just immigrant visas, but he is knowledgeable of Philippines immigration laws, policies and their proceedures of what is required in order for a visa to be approved successfully! Here's his website just in case some are interested concerning immigrant visas for their spouse and children and need professional legal assistance: http://www.gurfinkel...vices_index.htm Other circumstances to consider depending where one is going to! Here is a site showing which countries that does not require a visa to enter the country of Spain: The Philippines is not one of them! http://www.languagec...visa/spain.php3 List of countries a Filipino can go that doesn't require a visa:http://reahguevarra....o-tourist-visa/