Prayers In The Supermarket

paul
Posted
Posted

Man, the one thing that comes to mind for me, every time I think of the "6pm Prayer Time" is, the gongs you hear at first, in some of the malls. When I played AC-DC's "Hell's Bells" for my girl a while back, she thought that it was prayer time. :36_1_68[1]:

When I was a complete newbie to the Philippines and went to the supermarket to find some beer, I did not know what was happening when I looked around and everyone had stopped moving, bit of a shock actually till I realized what was going on. It was prayer time.What do you guys do when this is going on, I remember talking to someone about this in a bar once and he said he just keeps shopping but to me that was a disrespect to the people.Tom

daisy
Posted
Posted

We call it the 3 o'clock Habit and 6pm is the "Oracion" These are not compulsory but some establishments, really practiced it specially the 3pm prayer. The 4 am is the Muslim prayer most of the time not unless a fiesta is coming in that particular place where folks will have their dawn 9 days novena. This is a Roman Catholic thing so there are also lots of Filipinos who does not practice it.