Whats Your Desktop Look Like ???

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone i just thought since we all use our computers to Communicate both here and to loved one abroad i was wondering what every ones desktop looked like ???i just download a program called rainmeter and rocket dock to get this effect on the pic i posted , there both really great little programs rainmeter come with allot of system monitoring features a rss feed which i got to inq7 , also it has a network usage and even can control your winamp or windows media player and it also has hard drive monitoring , now as for the rocket dock its like a mac style dock and you can put all of programs and folder's into it , i find it helps clean up the desktop i hate having allot of folders and icon on my desktop hahaha anyway if you would like links to download these programs i will post it for you all !!!anyway lets see your desktops :) O-U-C gallery_911_65_28016.jpg

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hi Everyone i just thought since we all use our computers to Communicate both here and to loved one abroad i was wondering what every ones desktop looked like ???i just download a program called rainmeter and rocket dock to get this effect on the pic i posted , there both really great little programs rainmeter come with allot of system monitoring features a rss feed which i got to inq7 , also it has a network usage and even can control your winamp or windows media player and it also has hard drive monitoring , now as for the rocket dock its like a mac style dock and you can put all of programs and folder's into it , i find it helps clean up the desktop i hate having allot of folders and icon on my desktop hahaha anyway if you would like links to download these programs i will post it for you all !!!anyway lets see your desktops :) O-U-C gallery_911_65_28016.jpg
O-U-C, OK smarty pants, how the hell do I capture my desktop image and post it in this forum??I'm light years from step one and don't have the faintest clue on how to start, like a dumbblond Filipino. JakeBy the way, your desktop is like.....farr out man.
  • Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

its really not that hard jake all you have to do is hit print screen on your keyboard and use what ever program to edit photos open up a new file the same size as your desktop resolution and paste it into there and then resize it and save it as a jpg file thats it !!! hahaha im sure you dont need me to tell you how to post a photo here hahaha thanks my friend about the groovy desktop i have hahaha O-U-C

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Jake, what happened to your head?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The other thing you can use is the snipping tool to take a picture copy of anything you wish that is on the screen except some videos that open up the full screen. To get to the snipping tool on Vista or 7, click start and type in snipping tool and then when it comes up, right click on it and pin it to your start menu or toolbar so you can find it easier and the start menu will not be open when you take the screen shot if clipped to the toolbar. Mine is not as fancy as OUC, just a plain screen with a photo of my wife while on vacation in Arizona. post-40-0-46451300-1321597360_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

You can call me stupid but I do not know how to paste a photo into the topic reply. :D

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You can call me stupid but I do not know how to paste a photo into the topic reply. :D
Have a look at about image 7 here, http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=9938&view=findpost&p=47491

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Click on more reply option bottom right and then bottom left there is choose files, click on that and it will go to your computer, find where the photo is you wish to post, and click on it and then once you are all down loading it, then place your cursor where you would like the photo to go and left click, then click on add photo on the bottom right.

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tip on the snipping tool ! I had not heard of it before, and "print screen" just does not work on this computer. Here is what my desktop looks like at the moment. post-303-0-52625500-1321601930_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Looks nice, I guess I left out my icons in the last shot, so below is a full screen shot. post-40-0-49254000-1321602147_thumb.jpg

• Like 2