Living In Philippines With My Wife

tbplayer
Posted
Posted

How long can the husband of a filipina stay in the philippines without a visa? Is it the standard 21 days? Someone once told me can stay a year, just want to be sure. :541:

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I think it is a year but you have to arrive with her in the Philippines.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

The answer will depend on many factors. If you marry her in the Philippines and stay, then you are basically a tourist until she applies for a visa for you. I believe it is a 13A info HEREIf you are both living outside the country and you arrive with her then you would get a balikbayan stamp in your passport and would be able to stay a year which might be renewable based on your age, or it would take a run out of the country with her and come back to start all over again. Balikbayan info HERE for you to read to make that one clearer for you. If you could explain your exact circumstances then we can try to give you a better answer. Hope that helps.

Edited by Mr. Lee
fix

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I have a 13A.

tbplayer
Posted
Posted
The answer will depend on many factors. If you marry her in the Philippines and stay, then you are basically a tourist until she applies for a visa for you. I believe it is a 13A info HEREIf you are both living outside the country and you arrive with her then you would get a balikbayan stamp in your passport and would be able to stay a year which might be renewable based on your age, or it would take a run out of the country with her and come back to start all over again. Balikbayan info HERE for you to read to make that one clearer for you. If you could explain your exact circumstances then we can try to give you a better answer. Hope that helps.
we married in the philippines in 2009 but we are living in the states. our plan is to live in the philippines in the winter months and the states the rest of the year (I have a lawn service)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
we married in the philippines in 2009 but we are living in the states. our plan is to live in the philippines in the winter months and the states the rest of the year (I have a lawn service)
Since you are married and living in another country together, then be sure to bring your marriage license and have your wife ask the immigration officer for a balikbayan privilege for you both upon entry at the airport Bureau of Immigration booth. Most times if your wife's last name is the same as yours on her passport, then they will not even ask for the license but best to have it anyway. So once they stamp both your passports BB, then you both can stay one year at a time with no other visas needed. My wife and I do it every year. You both may also need a return or onward ticket that some airlines require.
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

When I came into the Philippines a couple months ago, I had to show my onward ticket at the immigration counter at the airport. They had a new sign up that said onward ticket had to be shown for clearance.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
When I came into the Philippines a couple months ago, I had to show my onward ticket at the immigration counter at the airport. They had a new sign up that said onward ticket had to be shown for clearance.
Do you live here with your wife? Was she with you when you arrived?

Garpo
Posted
Posted
Yes, we live here but I flew back to the US for business and when I returned they made me show a onward ticket. I have not got my 13A yet.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Yes, we live here but I flew back to the US for business and when I returned they made me show a onward ticket. I have not got my 13A yet.
I take it your visa is a standard 9A visitors?