Is Philippines A Worthwhile Place To Meet A Good Woman?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

In the past it was more or less given that most single Filipinas wanted to marry an honest man who would love them and be able to support a family. The gals were known for their family values and ability to love and cherish their husband.Is this still more or less true or have things changed?Those expats living in Philippines and those dating Filipinas or recently married to a Filipina what are your experiences?

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

While it might be a bit more difficult than in the past, I know for a fact that the traditional filipina and traditional values still are very much available. I would however not look in the areas of the country were there seems to be more and more foreigners living. If you understand what to look for then it is not hard to find one.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So what you are saying Gary is to look outside major cities or in the Providences to find Filipinas with “traditional values”.Interesting, foreigners living in Philippines are detrimental to Filipinas. BTW, I’m not judging or questioning what you say thank you for your opinion and experiances.

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)
So what you are saying Gary is to look outside major cities or in the Providences to find Filipinas with “traditional values”.Interesting, foreigners living in Philippines are detrimental to Filipinas.BTW, I’m not judging or questioning what you say thank you for your opinion and experiances.
Maybe a poor choice of words on my part. What I was trying to say is that in areas of large foreigner population, you are bound to find more of the gold digger type filipina who is just looking for any foreigner that has money. I am sure that there are good traditional filipina in all areas of the Philippines. The most important thing is to know what to look for and what to avoid. I was just trying to answer the op by saying that yes you can still find a good filipina in the Philippines. Before I even decided to move to the Philippines and I had started doing my research, I had more than one resident expert tell me that I had to be careful when it came to any women that lived in Angeles or Cebu. He may very well have been giving me bad information and I have not been to Angeles or Cebu so I certainly can not say that my experience has shown that they are bad areas if you are looking for a good woman. Edited by Garpo
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update Gary. I didn’t mean to put words in your mouth. ;^)It’s been many years my wife and I courted I honestly don’t know how things are now.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

IMO, a good woman can be found in any country. One just have be in the right palce at the right time, have a chemistry, some understanding of the language, willing to compromise within reason which concerns religion, political association, cultural taboos, barriers or restrictions if any. I've been to other Asian countries and if only I had stayed longer in any one of those countries I could have married a nonFilipina! Since I have spent most of time in the Philippines off and on in my younger years, naturally I ended up marrying a Filipina and we've been together for 24 years now, but would have been 30 yrs in all if it wasn't for our 6 yr long distance courtship before we finally got married, but the long wait was worth it!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your input Art, we think alike in many things. :89: What do you think do the majority of Filipinas today still have traditional values?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Thanks for your input Art, we think alike in many things. :541: What do you think do the majority of Filipinas today still have traditional values?
After all these years, my wife still has her traditional values, but costs alot more! :89:
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
In the past it was more or less given that most single Filipinas wanted to marry an honest man who would love them and be able to support a family. The gals were known for their family values and ability to love and cherish their husband.Is this still more or less true or have things changed?Those expats living in Philippines and those dating Filipinas or recently married to a Filipina what are your experiences?
Excellent post starter Dan! There is another post somewhat related to this (moral values changing).I agree with Garpo's assessment that the modern day internet certainly eroded moral values. I alsolike Donleather's reasoning about the "MTV effect". My theory is during the past couple decades, the Filipina in general has been exposed to so muchdirt filled with trying to get a fast buck in the fast lane. Also, more and more parents are workingaboard, allowing their children to be exposed to bad influences from FB, TV and movies. Their friendsand classmates are also part of that circle of moral values going down the toilet. However, I still do believe there are many roses among the thorns that are patiently waiting for theright opportunity. It just takes a little bit more effort and time to find that rose patch. After all, theadventure of traveling throughout this tropical paradise, in search for the right one would be a lifetime achievement of epic proportions. The adventure and not necessarily the destination Is whatI'm talking about. For example, a shy Filipina just happen to glance your way with a genuine smile.That would be a Kodak moment, don't you think? Respectfully -- Jake
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Isn't the same true of almost all races? Moral values and standards have declined probably due to all forms of media and entertainment, however nothing stays the same anyway. I agree that you have more chance of finding a little diamond away from the sexpat areas, I wouldn't dream of looking in Angeles city, Subic bay or the seedier areas of Manila and Cebu.

• Like 2