Misconceptions Of Filipinas?

randiei
Posted
Posted

Okay guys, we're men - we have needs, and wants ...We have hormones and we have pretty much thought ofmostly ONE THING ever since we were 15 ...So HONESTLY, how many of us look at Filipinas as sex objects?Yes, maybe later we fall in love with them, but don't we "fall in lust" first?I would also love to hear from the women here - please tell us what your see, and what you think!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Okay guys, we're men - we have needs, and wants ...We have hormones and we have pretty much thought ofmostly ONE THING ever since we were 15 ... So HONESTLY, how many of us look at Filipinas as sex objects?Yes, maybe later we fall in love with them, but don't we "fall in lust" first? I would also love to hear from the women here - please tell us what your see, and what you think!
Hmm....interesting subject Randy, I'm sure just about everyone prior to arrival to the Philippines, heard about the beautiful Filipina that is full ofexotic and wonderful stories. Among other misconceptions, one of course is the sexuality of the Filipina. I guess if you sit and watch the arrival area of Mactan, Clark and Manila, you would probably see large groupof unaccompanied men. Be it jumbo jet filled with Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, middle eastern or Kanos, theycame with only one thing in mind. Why is that? Could it be a global perception that Philippines is cheap and easy? Is it the same when a "package tour" isarranged for arrival in Ukraine (for the Russian women) or any Latin American destination? I believe that in mostcases, this perception of the Filipina was a leftover (or after birth) from WWII and Vietnam war. Factor in the easeof communicating in English, the corrupt officials who sponsor and protect the flesh market, no wonder the poorFilipina is considered as a sex object. On the other side of the coin, the Filipina could be the facilitator of this perception because so many have postedon internet dating sites, some even exposing themselves to feed the lucrative flesh market. Many Filipinas, in spiteof their Catholic upbringing, took the last resort of survival because their Filipino boy friends and husbands alsotreated them as sex objects. You know the local term: number 2 and 3 or 4 (secret wifes or mistresses). I believeeven prior to Spanish era -- the local men, including powerful tribal chiefs have perpetuate this with "slam bam,thank you ma'am". As Ekimswish commented, making babies in the Philippines is a national pastime, with theFilipina holding the "bag of leftovers". In spite of that, the Fiilipina remains quietly humble and trying to hold thefamily values the are quickly eroding throughout the land. Respectfully -- Jake
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Let us not just single out the Filipino women of this country! IMO, there's no misconceptions of any women of any nationality! It's lust first, then love, then pregnancy in between the lust, love and marriage, shacking up or just moving on to the next relationship, because the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time around didn't work out, but lucky for those women that didn't end up holding the bag or a bunch of illegitimate children! It can happen to any of us, man or woman no matter what nationality we are or whatever country we may live in!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This no doubt could become a contentious topic, so I hope everyone will behave like the gentleman and ladies that I believe they are. I can only speak for myself. I came to the Philippines with only the best of intentions, after knowing my then future wife for three years, making sure she would be the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but I am an old fashioned kind of guy and while sexual attraction no doubt played into the picture, but for sex only after marriage, it was more about sex within love, and not for just lust. I did my share of lust sex as a young single man, so once my upper brain grew large enough to take over for my lower brain, then I could clearly see the possible hurt that might be caused to some innocent or otherwise naive ladies (who were not player) by sex, just for lust. Disclaimer, the above does not apply to all ladies and some enjoy and want sex more than some men might, I know, during my single years I met quite a few of such ladies of many nationalities.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
Okay guys, we're men - we have needs, and wants ...We have hormones and we have pretty much thought ofmostly ONE THING ever since we were 15 ... So HONESTLY, how many of us look at Filipinas as sex objects?Yes, maybe later we fall in love with them, but don't we "fall in lust" first? I would also love to hear from the women here - please tell us what your see, and what you think!
Great topic!I do think so Foreigner men are somewhat sexist and objective in their perspective of Filipinas. From what I have seen here in the States guys married to Filipinas often will say "my Filipina" not "my wife" this from good guys. What's up with that, some kinda control issue or an innocent remark? I do think mostFilipinas have a very sexual allure to them in a natural normal manor. . Edited by Old55
typo
  • Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
Great topic!I do think many Foreigner are somewhat sexist and objective in their perspective of Filipinas.From what I have seen here in the States some guys married to Filipinas often will say "my Filipina" not "my wife" this from good guys. What's up with that, some kinda control issue or an innocent remark?I do think mostFilipinas have a very sexual allure to them in a natural normal manor.
Oooh yeah, the alluring innocent smile, with the long jet black hair and the captivating eyes have broughtme down to my knees more often than not. Regarding the term "my Filipina" sounds like someone won atrophy and has proudly displayed or advertised their achievement. Hopefully, it's not a control issue dueto the fact that most Filipinas are very humble and will not rock the boat, no matter what. Respectfully -- Jake
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

A Filipina's scorn is the same as a "woman's scorn" of any nationality, but some maybe more crude than others! Your guess is as good as mine as to how crude it can be! Good luck! Women, can't live with them and can't live without them, unless one is AD/DC or a lady/boy toy! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
Let us not just single out the Filipino women of this country! IMO, there's no misconceptions of any women of any nationality! It's lust first, then love, then pregnancy in between the lust, love and marriage, shacking up or just moving on to the next relationship, because the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time around didn't work out, but lucky for those women that didn't end up holding the bag or a bunch of illegitimate children! It can happen to any of us, man or woman no matter what nationality we are or whatever country we may live in!
I agree with Art. Further more women all over the world are having increasing issues of just WHO and WHAT they are supposd to be. Men and women are genetically programmed for certain traits, tasks and goals in life. There is a lot of over lapping and mixing going on which is causing a lot of problems for women and men as well. If you look at main stream media in 1st world countries, women are portrayed as 'the best at' and pushed and prodded and cajoled into doing things that they may not have done if they were not exposed to such things and peer pressure. Sure women CAN become astronauts, but really, has anyone even looked into the advanced math and physics needed to even qualify to apply? It certainly is not something that 99.9 of men qualify for and even less women. BUT, women are subjected to peer pressure if they are NOT astronauts or similar job titles. Women are pushed to be doctors / lawyers / CEOs AND full time mothers and own a start up bakery from home that grosses over 10 mil a year. Or, they are a failure as a woman. Women basically do not like other women. Forget the plesantries exchanged women are more critical of each other then men are. So, many women who are JUST a housewife or mother, are made to feel if they are failures, by other women, for not pushing that outdated envelope and become something 'more' in their lives. However, that outdated envelope exists for a reason. It is there because it belongs there. Sure a woman can be a pilot or a race car driver. But then women who WANT to be those things are in a much less % bracket then men. It is a genetic thing. In the US, due to a small % of women wanting to be police officers and fire fighters, there are some high profile court cases. Women certainly have that right to work on those fields. However, and this is a huge however, the 'tests' used to screen out applicants to to set minimum standards for the job had to scrapped or altered (read weakened) so much that they became basically useless. Now 30+ years later, those women in those jobs have 'come out of the closet' and a very large % of bisexual / lesbians make up the majority of those women. So much in fact, that there are special unions and associations for these women. But is all this 'fair' to the average woman. Pinay or not? Seems that everyone forgot about the average woman and letting her decide if she wants to be a sex worker / housewife / sales clerk instead of some newscaster / doctor / lawyer in a high pressure job. All of this gets back to 'the basics'. For many many years, the Philippines was not subjected to these outside pressures. Just nice basic happy REAL people. But now? Hehehehehehe you can not turn on Pinoy TV with out seeing a singing type of show and.... wannabe rappers dancing, singing trash and flashing gang signs. Children as young as 4, dressed like a black American gangster, trying to 'rap' a trash song out to the audience. Now PLEASE tell me how this helps the future of the Philippines? Sex, lust, physical attractiveness.... all normal and found in most cultures across the world. Not just the Philippines. But boys have been chasing girls for many thousands of years. It has worked out well up until now. The rules changed, the game has changed and the future has been altered. Right now, well meaning do gooders are trying to stop any form of prostitution in the Philippines. But what effect will that have? Over time, vast amounts of tourism dollars will go to other asian countries with more tolerant views. Thousands, yes THOUSANDS of women who directly, indirectly, full or part time and connected in some way to the sex industry will be out of a job. Not just sex workers, but hotel and restaurant employees, laundry workers, transportation workers, school and grocery employees. A vast and far reaching number of people depend on mom working as a GRO and (AND) making it easy enough for their customers to find them. OK, what does that mean? Less kids in school because mom has no money, less quality food, more trauma and psychological issues due to frustrations of not having any money. And of course more dispair and drug / alcohol use. I, as a RN have worked with sex workers for years. Most people have an incorrect view of a sex worker being forced to do what they do. Sure, forced economically is the #1 driving force. But before you condemn sex workers, what do you have to offer them in return for giving up a job that pays as well as or most often more then a standard hourly job? "She" very often is supporting her family, parents included and is she if forced to work at the local sari sari store for 300p a day, then the whole family structure is damaged and her kids are out of school and set into a life of 300p a day jobs.... Sex is great, it sells in advertising and causes mass amounts of cash to change hands for such things as say your local flower shop and many other related industries. WHO CARES but a fool if it is right or wrong. Sex is a good thing for any economy. Sexploitation is not. That is what the do gooders should focus on and not a main stream industry that is as old as society itself. With out sex, this website and thousands of others would never have been designed. Not just in Phils, but the world over. Nothing wrong with it as long as it does not cross over into the sexploitation arena. Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Sexual desire is shared by both men and women. Sexual attraction is part of any relationship and is normal. I can only speak for myself but I have never felt more sexually attracted to a beautiful and sexy woman from the Philippines, any more, or less, than a beautiful and sexy woman of any other country. While I am tempted to ask my wife to read and comment on this topic, I have the feeling that she would or might get upset in the idea that she as a Filipina is looked at as a sex object only because she is Filipina. While I believe that all women enjoy being sexy, that is far from being looked at as a sex object. My wife is a very beautiful and sexy woman that just happens to be a Filipina While I guess it is possible that others have or do look at her as a sex object, I can honestly say that I never have. Saying that women of the Philippines are looked at more as sex objects than other women is no different than saying foreign men are only looked at as sex objects by women of the Philippines. While some foreign men may wish that was the case, it just is not true.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

(quote from old 55)From what I have seen here in the States guys married to Filipinas often will say "my Filipina" not "my wife" this from good guys. What's up with that, some kinda control issue or an innocent remark?(quote)when a man has a FANCY CAR like a Trans AM ,Hummer or a 280Z will he say MY CAR. NO he will NOT,,its my TRANS AM, or MY HUMMER .if it was an average car like a Dodge,Hyundai. He will say thats MY CAR, not my Dodge.for me i feel its a compliment to hear that, has a sound of uniqueness to it. my step-mother is from the old RVN, my father would say "my Vietnamese wife" not "my wife"from my point or perspective I find it as a HIGH COMPLIMENT .not as an "control issue"

• Like 1