Clean City To Live?

tomtaylor
Posted
Posted

am back for visit to cebu after 6 years. can't believe how dirty it has become in that time...what happened?anyone with recommendations of cities that are cleaner or are they all dirty now?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
am back for visit to cebu after 6 years. can't believe how dirty it has become in that time...what happened?anyone with recommendations of cities that are cleaner or are they all dirty now?
I agree, I live in the middle of it and it's too dirty and polluted for me. I'm heading out today to the far outer suburbs to look for a better place. It's like looking for the holy grail.Welcome to the forum!

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think that the 'burbs are the answer. Either you is or you ain't... city material. I am guessing that Cebu is about 10 years behind Manila in similarities, but then too close for comfort if you can see it. CDO is maybe 10 years behind Cebu. What what I hear is land prices are rising and condo projects opening up. Decide on what you really want in Philippine life. A night life? Bars? GOOD (sorry,. western style) food / restaurants? Then you be stuck in the city. But if you want a more relaxed and quieter life then the farther you go out of the cities the better. Using distance as a measure, start looking for a place with easy in / out travel to the city and find a happy medium for what you want. I like Catbalogan out on Samar. 1hr flight from Manila or Cebu to Tacloban and then 2 hr van / bus highway ride to Catbalogan. 1 Jollibee, no MacDo, 3-4 restaurants, 3- very poor girly bars, 3-5 drinking bars and lots of quiet people / farmers / fishermen families to see. Clean air, clean sea water once you get away from the port. NO condo's or high rise buildings. In Catbalogan, you CAN live on less than $1,000 USD a month if you have to. I never have heard of anyone freezing to death because the heating bill was too high to pay!

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I live behind the Redemtorist church by Mango, it is quite clean there but there is a vacant lot and it was dirty with lots of rubbish but the pinoys soon cleared the rubbish when they wanted a cockfight. I was walking up the road with my GF and we had just bought ice creams. I was putting the paper in the bag of shopping we had just bought my GF was throwing it on the floor. When I asked her why she said that everybody does it. I have now got her to bring rubbish home with her or put it in a bin. If the Phills wants to generate more tourism they will have to clean up their act, IMO a lot of people here do not have much pride in their country. I was In Minglanilla last Sunday and that seems a lot cleaner than Cebu city so it is maybe true move out and it becomes cleaner

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Davao City was very clean the last time I was there and someone mentioned here not long back that it is still clean. I do recall seeing many people out in the street sweeping each morning.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

I personally have not been in Cebu at all, but the last of the Barton clan are still bouncing around between Los Angeles and Cagayan de oro. I like Olongapo city, you have the modern western style living at subic. and 1/2 an hours drive north and you are into the barrios and provinces just past the gorgous beaches , an hour or so and you are in Iba Zambales, if you like roughing it. olongapo has won many awards on cleanliness, mayor ''Bong'' Gordon has done a lot to clean up the city after the us navy left. besides you can enjoy living there and help to keeping my rental houses occupied. Check it out.. tanks EJ. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

We've lived in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, Northern Central Luzon since 2001 and we're satisfied and content here! http://www.google.co...iw=1399&bih=794

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

We found a very nice house with yard in Argao. Nice area, can't wait to move.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
We found a very nice house with yard in Argao. Nice area, can't wait to move.
Argao, north or south??

MikeB
Posted
Posted

About 90 min south by car, on the east coast.