Executed Filipino Drug Smuggler A Victim?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Not much the Philippine government could do about this case. The guys flight of origin was from Malaysia to China. No amount of security or screening at Philippine port of exits could have stopped this guy.I could see how someone could get duped into carrying something though. Experience this first hand in Davao. Wife and I were at the airport and the people ahead of us had to much weight in their check in baggage. They did not have the cash to pay the excess baggage fee. My wife being the kind heart lady asked me if we could put some of their stuff in ours since we were basically empty in the suitcases. Simple answer from me was "No". Not even going to chance it.We read story after story about people not taking responsibility for their actions. I think it comes down to a sense of entitlement. while I can sympathize with ones need to feed the family, it is not a good enough excuse to openly break a law with such severe penalty.

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I agree with racial profiling in the sense that it will get the job done a little more easily. But then it has to be weighed against how much harm it will do in other areas.If your goal is to catch people doing something, and one group of people is more likely to do it, then go ahead and racially profile them. But keep in mind that you're alienating a group of individuals who haven't done anything but been born a certain way. Could that, in itself, strengthen the divide in society which leads to such social discrepancies in behavior and actions? Maybe if all muslims were screened at airports, more muslim youth would be encouraged to side with the extremists due to humiliation, distrust, and unacceptance. If more people of color are harrassed by law enforcement, they'll just accept the "us vs. them" mentality promoted in their neighborhoods. If white people are given free passes all the time, they'll be encouraged to push the boundaries of how much they can get away with. For example, as a white guy in Taiwan, I was well-aware years ago that I could drive a scooter with no license and it didn't matter. In fact, I could break every traffic regulation in the books and it wouldn't matter, and I routinely did. I was pulled over for illegal turns, no helmet, running red lights, not having a helmet, and sometimes all of those together. While I didn't even have a license, I was still allowed to go on, or just leave my scooter there, taxi home, and come back the next day, but without a ticket. The police just didn't want to deal with a foreigner. It was too complicated. I was encouraged to behave like this simply because I could get away with it. Nowadays, I no longer ride a scooter here, but I hear the police are cracking down on foreigners with scooters, and foreigners are more keen to follow the rules.Maybe it's all the attention paid to brown terrorists, black drug dealers, and whatever it is yellow people do that whites don't like, which allowed Wall Street to get away with ruining America's economy, and American politicians to get away with selling out the country. Bruce used the example of drug smugglers using a drug mule as a distraction here to sneak through the big dirty over there, and it seems like that's what's happened in America. Everyone look at the dangerous immigrants and their weird beliefs while we proceed to clean out the bank.What are you gonna do? What... are you gonna... do?

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

What ekimswish said above could be true but the opposite could be true as well, since not all people push the envelop when allowed to, I know that I would not.If people of the types being profiled would clean up their own, maybe there would no longer be a need to profile their type of people. In the US, Muslim groups are helping the law enforcement community to catch terrorists before they strike, so that is a good start. If some groups would protest to execute killers of their group instead of always protesting saying their people are picked on unnecessarily because they did not have the opportunities others had and other excuses, possibly things might change. I have yet to see certain groups stand up and protest for swift punishment for the many in their community who commit serious crimes, yet they will often protest claiming innocence of those even when caught red handed.There are good and bad in every type of person, IMO it is up to the leaders of those types of people to take a stand to stop the violence, crimes and killing, to preach in the mosques that violence is not the way, to educate their people that crime is not the way and education is. More good upstanding idols to follow instead of rappers who rap about, rape, crime and murder might be a start in one group. How can kids grow up respecting police when rappers are looked up to for rapping and making criminal acts look to be good and the norm. IMO the leaders of those who do the bad things need to take a hard stand to make change come about from within their own communities and countries. When was the last time any leader of any of the Muslim countries stood up and preached that violence is not the way to arrive at peace and peoples rights. Look where it has gotten those leaders to allow such behavior, now most of the Arab nations are having violent protests. Their politics within their countries is none of my business, but when it bleeds out to within other countries that I live in, then it can become my business.Often with the entitlement attitude that some family members have, it can lead to a person committing a crime such as drug smuggling or stealing to get money to help themselves and their family, but do their families look down on them for knowing they commit those crimes to get them that money, my opinion is that they do not and just have their hands out, and I say that from personal experience with one nephew who stole from a college fund I set up for him, his brother and his sister, his family has not shunned him at all for stealing the money and costing two of them their educations and futures, instead I believe they and others in our family feel it was my fault for putting the temptation in front of him. Try getting your head around that. 1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
What ekimswish said above could be true but the opposite could be true as well, since not all people push the envelop when allowed to, I know that I would not.If people of the types being profiled would clean up their own, maybe there would no longer be a need to profile their type of people. In the US, Muslim groups are helping the law enforcement community to catch terrorists before they strike, so that is a good start. If some groups would protest to execute killers of their group instead of always protesting saying their people are picked on unnecessarily because they did not have the opportunities others had and other excuses, possibly things might change. I have yet to see certain groups stand up and protest for swift punishment for the many in their community who commit serious crimes, yet they will often protest claiming innocence of those even when caught red handed.There are good and bad in every type of person, IMO it is up to the leaders of those types of people to take a stand to stop the violence, crimes and killing, to preach in the mosques that violence is not the way, to educate their people that crime is not the way and education is. More good upstanding idols to follow instead of rappers who rap about, rape, crime and murder might be a start in one group. How can kids grow up respecting police when rappers are looked up to for rapping and making criminal acts look to be good and the norm. IMO the leaders of those who do the bad things need to take a hard stand to make change come about from within their own communities and countries. When was the last time any leader of any of the Muslim countries stood up and preached that violence is not the way to arrive at peace and peoples rights. Look where it has gotten those leaders to allow such behavior, now most of the Arab nations are having violent protests. Their politics within their countries is none of my business, but when it bleeds out to within other countries that I live in, then it can become my business.Often with the entitlement attitude that some family members have, it can lead to a person committing a crime such as drug smuggling or stealing to get money to help themselves and their family, but do their families look down on them for knowing they commit those crimes to get them that money, my opinion is that they do not and just have their hands out, and I say that from personal experience with one nephew who stole from a college fund I set up for him, his brother and his sister, his family has not shunned him at all for stealing the money and costing two of them their educations and futures, instead I believe they and others in our family feel it was my fault for putting the temptation in front of him. Try getting your head around that. 1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif
At the risk of replying drunk and sounding drunk, I'll attempt it anyways.This isn't a forum to discuss rap and its content, as I learned last time I attempted it with Bruce, but as someone who grew up listening to it and still does, I'm pretty sure I know more about it than 99% of people here, the good, the bad, and how to differentiate.Speaking from MOPE (my own personal experience), when 9-11 hit back in 2011, as a young Canadian college student (nothing to brag about), my first impression was, "Where's Bruce Willis when you need him?" My second thought was, "Those sh**-disturbing bas-turds in Palestine!" My third thought was, "Well, they kind of ask for it, always middling in countries full of turmoil, over oil."To elaborate on that third thought, if Canada, America's top exporter of oil, was mostly against its government, the US were propping it up, and the US had military on our soil to ensure that our oil made its way south, I could TOTALLY see myself and others being pissed and willing to fight over it. Remember, a few hundred years ago, we WERE fighting, though on behalf of the British. I believe we burned down the Whitehouse, actually.This ain't a jingling contest, however, so back on topic, don't do a number 2 where you eat. That's been the US policy forever, and they've tried to keep their 2-bombs as far away from the dinner table as much as poo-sible for as long as they could. Actually, that wasn't on topic, but, hey, doo-doo happens, and that's on topic: it hit the fans on 9-11.So if we're going to support racial profiling, let's support looking down on and dispising American citizens all around the globe, where people resent US foreign policy coercing their countries into policies, economic or otherwise, that their citizens don't support. I, personally, love the Americans I've met, but the response locals give me when they find out I'm not American is one of elation, and full of US-bashing, none of which I, personally, support.This isn't a Canada Vs. America arguement I'm making; my first experience abroad for an extended period of time was one where I learned Canadians can be pricks, and Americans can be cool as Nunavit. I'm just saying, at that time, my college education told me Canadians were nicer, and everyone believed it and followed suit. My personal experience told me otherwise, and, thus, not to nationally-profile my great neighbors to the south. One of the more shameful scenes I've ever witnessed was near Yongsan army base in Seoul, where my Canadian buddies ridiculed an American father who came to watch his Minnesotan sons play in a hockey tournament in Asia, based on nothing more than him being an American. It hurt me, because I was having a nice conversation with the guy, and admiring the support he gave his boys, even well into their 20's.So, yeah, racial profiling is great. I love it. By the way, when was the last attack on US soil before 9-11? And.... how many people from how many countries - US and allies included - have been killed since a few exceptional fellows took exception to it, and started an exceptional war on it? Ah... who cares. That's the way she goes, baby. Even if Iraq had nothing to do with the 17 or 18 Saudis who attacked America, at least they look the same!Is this relevant to a Filipino drug mule killed in China, rightfully so? It is when Filipinos start racially profiling Chinese, and when Hong Kongers, in return profile Filipinos, and in return, everyone chooses a side because they have no choice.How's that for a drunk... Maybe not much... but I hope it was somewhat worth it. We don't have to agree, so let's leave emotion out of it. I still love everyone who disagrees with me: just love me back a lil'. Peace Edited by ekimswish

Bruce
Posted
Posted
At the risk of replying drunk and sounding drunk, I'll attempt it anyways.This isn't a forum to discuss rap and its content, as I learned last time I attempted it with Bruce, but as someone who grew up listening to it and still does, I'm pretty sure I know more about it than 99% of people here, the good, the bad, and how to differentiate.Speaking from MOPE (my own personal experience), when 9-11 hit back in 2011, as a young Canadian college student (nothing to brag about), my first impression was, "Where's Bruce Willis when you need him?" My second thought was, "Those sh**-disturbing bas-turds in Palestine!" My third thought was, "Well, they kind of ask for it, always middling in countries full of turmoil, over oil."To elaborate on that third thought, if Canada, America's top exporter of oil, was mostly against its government, the US were propping it up, and the US had military on our soil to ensure that our oil made its way south, I could TOTALLY see myself and others being pissed and willing to fight over it. Remember, a few hundred years ago, we WERE fighting, though on behalf of the British. I believe we burned down the Whitehouse, actually.This ain't a jingling contest, however, so back on topic, don't do a number 2 where you eat. That's been the US policy forever, and they've tried to keep their 2-bombs as far away from the dinner table as much as poo-sible for as long as they could. Actually, that wasn't on topic, but, hey, doo-doo happens, and that's on topic: it hit the fans on 9-11.So if we're going to support racial profiling, let's support looking down on and dispising American citizens all around the globe, where people resent US foreign policy coercing their countries into policies, economic or otherwise, that their citizens don't support. I, personally, love the Americans I've met, but the response locals give me when they find out I'm not American is one of elation, and full of US-bashing, none of which I, personally, support.This isn't a Canada Vs. America arguement I'm making; my first experience abroad for an extended period of time was one where I learned Canadians can be pricks, and Americans can be cool as Nunavit. I'm just saying, at that time, my college education told me Canadians were nicer, and everyone believed it and followed suit. My personal experience told me otherwise, and, thus, not to nationally-profile my great neighbors to the south. One of the more shameful scenes I've ever witnessed was near Yongsan army base in Seoul, where my Canadian buddies ridiculed an American father who came to watch his Minnesotan sons play in a hockey tournament in Asia, based on nothing more than him being an American. It hurt me, because I was having a nice conversation with the guy, and admiring the support he gave his boys, even well into their 20's.So, yeah, racial profiling is great. I love it. By the way, when was the last attack on US soil before 9-11? And.... how many people from how many countries - US and allies included - have been killed since a few exceptional fellows took exception to it, and started an exceptional war on it? Ah... who cares. That's the way she goes, baby. Even if Iraq had nothing to do with the 17 or 18 Saudis who attacked America, at least they look the same!Is this relevant to a Filipino drug mule killed in China, rightfully so? It is when Filipinos start racially profiling Chinese, and when Hong Kongers, in return profile Filipinos, and in return, everyone chooses a side because they have no choice.How's that for a drunk... Maybe not much... but I hope it was somewhat worth it. We don't have to agree, so let's leave emotion out of it. I still love everyone who disagrees with me: just love me back a lil'. Peace
Well, for a drunken sot, you did well! Except for mangling the original 9/11 date (2001 not 2011)Just remember pricks are pricks in any nationalty or language except for Asian (Japan - China especially) where is in often over heard in America at the local Asian restaurant.... "HEY! It is pronounced FRIED RICE not FLIED LICE you American PLICK! hehehehehe