What Kind Of Wrenches Do They Use ???

piglett
Posted
Posted

i need to know from guys that have boots on the groung what kind of wrenches do they use in the PI american or mertic.a friend wants to send some tools to his inlaws in the PI & doesn't want to send something that they can't use.thanks in advancepiglett

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Metric. send both from the flea markets... cheap. Electric 220 volt.

piglett
Posted
Posted
Metric. send both from the flea markets... cheap. Electric 220 volt.
will he get nicked up if he sends new?i think good used craftsman wrenches would do the trick & customs are less apt to ask for a pile of cashthanks piglett

kenn
Posted
Posted

Cheaper to buy in the there in phil.But.... for a unique gift for someone..... Craftsman.... Kobalt or etc...... Metric if u have to choose one type or send both if you can.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try "Metrinch", was advertised long ago in the U.S. and will work on U.S. standard and metric nuts and bolts, no fumbling between standard or metric tools! Maybe expensive, but worth it! I plan to buy them in the near future! http://www.metrinch....6/category/259/eBay has them! http://www.ebay.com/...etwrench&_rdc=1 USD Priceshttp://www.ebay.ph/s...-All-Categories PhP Prices

Edited by Art2ro

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Art, what has been your experience in dealing with ebay.com and ebay.ph for shipment to Phils and dispute issues?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Art, what has been your experience in dealing with ebay.com and ebay.ph for shipment to Phils and dispute issues?
I've only ordered from eBay USA and Philippines twice and didn't have any problems! Just select the type of payment that suits your needs or comfortable with via C.O.D. if available, PayPal, credit cards or person to person meet ups! With one order in the Philippines, I got with the seller and paid via his Gcash account and after the money was posted to his account, they then shipped me the merchandise or did a person to person meet up. Just be careful with those person to person meet ups, because you'll never know when it's a scam or just out to rob you in person! Purchases from the U.S., you have to pay the shipping and custom tax when it arrives in the Philippines! With eBay, you get what you pay for new or used if that's what you choose, but sometimes the seller doesn't even know some of the minor defects he's selling until you receive the item! Returning merchandise is so much a pain in the ass. Delivery to the provinces maybe a different story too and may take a few weeks for delivery or none at all! Good luck! Edited by Art2ro

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Too many ifs for me. i will stcik to buying in the US and then shipping to Samar.Thanks.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Too many ifs for me. i will stcik to buying in the US and then shipping to Samar.Thanks.
Yup! When in the U.S., that's the best way to go!

piglett
Posted
Posted

what about inport fees at customs? that is why i said used craftsman wrenches i think used stuff is duty free ( as long as you don't have 9 truck loads of it)piglett