Gangster Hospitals

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

my sister in law was in that situation after giving birth she has philhealth but was sent to private hospital, ended up with large bill ,they said she could not leave, her husbands parents went to the Mayor, next day a call, come get the baby and sign note

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

this hospital has many births, many LOW INCOME women(citizens) use this place as their birthing center as its a government hospital. I dont think that this would be a "gangster"hospital?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16158322

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
this hospital has many births, many LOW INCOME women(citizens) use this place as their birthing center as its a government hospital. I dont think that this would be a "gangster"hospital?http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-16158322
How about a pimpspital?
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I have heard of not being able to leave, and I have had hospitals demand payment. They have never tried to hold me or my wife physically. I've been in a private hospital 3 times and my wife has been in both private and public hospitals once each. The public hospital had no problem with a promissory note. The private did it very reluctantly. The second time through the private hospital, I simply refused to pay after they refused to try billing my US insurance who had sent them a letter of guarantee. Talk about a great gnashing of teeth! I was just out of the ICU for a matter of hours before I had to go around with the billing office. Finally they consented to billing my US insurance when faced with getting zero cash. They are now one of the few hospitals in the Philippines that takes a USA Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Program payment. Very reassuring for me!