Paying For Flights Online With Credit Cards

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hi All, it may seem a daft question but I'll ask anyway. Can I buy a flight ticket for my girlfriend to fly internally and send her the details to print off? I ask because in Spain if you buy online the card holder MUST present himself and the credit card at the check in desk or you dont fly even though the ticket is paid for.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Hi All, it may seem a daft question but I'll ask anyway. Can I buy a flight ticket for my girlfriend to fly internally and send her the details to print off? I ask because in Spain if you buy online the card holder MUST present himself and the credit card at the check in desk or you dont fly even though the ticket is paid for.
I've never tried it but I have heard many times that the airlines require a photocopy of the credit card from whomever is flying. That could be confirmed by asking the airline.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I have done this many times with my wife's family members. I We used Cebu Pacific and I did send them a copy of the front only of my credit card. Never had a problem. I can only assume the other airlines may use the same rules.danny

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that, Cebu Pacific will probably be the airline she uses, sending a photocopy will be no problem. Thanks again.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the past I have found that some airlines, such as Philippine Airlines would not allow a ticket to be bought from outside the Philippines for a Philippine citizen to leave the country, but it might have been because of the destination needing a visa first, I am not sure, so probably best to check with the airline you wish to use and be sure to tell them the destination, since I know tickets can be bought on a credit card from outside the Philippines if it is for travel within the Philippines.

Edited by Mr. Lee

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thanks, that was why I did say that it was to fly internally.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Or just send her the money and let her buy the ticket, i do this with my wife, they have promos sometimes not listed on line.

Curley
Posted
Posted

4,600 over there, plus the cost of sending the money...... 3500 online

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I have purchased Cebu Pacific tickets several times for different family members. When you purchase online be sure to have their birth date and full name. I also took a piece of paper and wrote a short note with my cell phone number if they had any questions. Then scanned the note with the face of the credit card and emailed it to the relative traveling. Cebu Pacific did not ask them any questions about it nor did they have to show the letter.I would also recommend purchasing well in advance to. Same day travel might raise questions from your credit card company.

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I have all her details. I will do that.