Cebu City, Aussie Injured His Right Legs

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

This may sound silly to most, but i can understand tripping and falling into a manhole in the PINAS, stone cold sober, or three sheets in the wind drunk, or deliriously chaseing hoes at night. but what really puzzles me is .How many right legs does an Aussie have??? :hystery: ps.See topic header. :hystery: EJ.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
This may sound silly to most, but i can understand tripping and falling into a manhole in the PINAS, stone cold sober, or three sheets in the wind drunk, or deliriously chaseing hoes at night. but what really puzzles me is .How many right legs does an Aussie have??? :89: ps.See topic header. :hystery: EJ.
Believe it or not, that was what the story said and why I made that the header and a joke about it in the post, maybe the writer was thinking Horsie instead of Aussie. :( :lol: :hystery:
  • Like 2

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
This may sound silly to most, but i can understand tripping and falling into a manhole in the PINAS, stone cold sober, or three sheets in the wind drunk, or deliriously chaseing hoes at night. but what really puzzles me is .How many right legs does an Aussie have??? :89: ps.See topic header. :hystery: EJ.
Believe it or not, that was what the story said and why I made that the header and a joke about it in the post, maybe the writer was thinking Horsie instead of Aussie. :89: :lol: :(
Depends on what side you hangin that day. left or right. :lol: :hystery:
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This story is a couple months old but I missed it back then.I think this story illustrates THE fundamental between the west and the Philippines. In the west, someone else is always responsible for our problems. That may be the government not fixing the sidewalk or MacDonalds making their coffee too hot. In the Philippines, we are each responsible for our own problems. That may be watching out for faulty infrastructure, watching the road to avoid accidents (even when 'the other guy' is at fault), or avoiding some schemer who is out to defraud you.It is what it is and I am not saying which is the better way. That, as they say, is up to you.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't think the important thing here is whether or not somebody went screaming to the mayor about having an accident... I think it is more important to recognise that there is a problem and to try to find an effective an efficient solution that we - as a group of "foreigners" can use to alert the government of the issues and to bring about a proper resolution. In simple speak, I'll ask the question again. What can we do to help get things fixed? Sometimes leading by example can help... A simple and polite call as one poster suggested is good. Drop the manhole cover back into place another suggested - good again! Volunteer to help the local council identify danger areas and help to improve them? Maybe... Politely ask the local council if there is a way you can help? This might get better responses... There are lots of things we can do if we go about it the right way. Just don't wait for somebody else to always do something! Get involved! But do it politely and through proper channels so noses don't get out of joint.As for walking across a couple boards strung across a ditch? Who ever said that was a safe thing to do?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What can we do to help get things fixed?
In many areas of Philippine infrastructure, where it directly affects a person with money, said person will make a 'loan' or even a political contribution to help get the problem fixed. When there is no budget for bullets for the police, I cannot imagine concern about concrete that ain't broke . . . . yet.
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
What can we do to help get things fixed?
In many areas of Philippine infrastructure, where it directly affects a person with money, said person will make a 'loan' or even a political contribution to help get the problem fixed. When there is no budget for bullets for the police, I cannot imagine concern about concrete that ain't broke . . . . yet.
good point,,, hard to beat that one!
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't think the important thing here is whether or not somebody went screaming to the mayor about having an accident... I think it is more important to recognise that there is a problem and to try to find an effective an efficient solution that we - as a group of "foreigners" can use to alert the government of the issues and to bring about a proper resolution. In simple speak, I'll ask the question again. What can we do to help get things fixed? Sometimes leading by example can help... A simple and polite call as one poster suggested is good. Drop the manhole cover back into place another suggested - good again! Volunteer to help the local council identify danger areas and help to improve them? Maybe... Politely ask the local council if there is a way you can help? This might get better responses... There are lots of things we can do if we go about it the right way. Just don't wait for somebody else to always do something! Get involved! But do it politely and through proper channels so noses don't get out of joint.As for walking across a couple boards strung across a ditch? Who ever said that was a safe thing to do?
Let me ask you,a bus load of Chinese immigrants arrive at your door step in Canada with a bus load of good ideas of how to make your country better,what would you say??

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Let me ask you,a bus load of Chinese immigrants arrive at your door step in Canada with a bus load of good ideas of how to make your country better,what would you say??
A bus load? No... But many more Asians are immigrating to Canada than there are us foreigners want to move to the Philippines. And the ideas that they are projecting to the government - from town councils up to the federal government - are being looked at and implemented if they make sense to do. And No! They don't go barging into government offices but politely write letters, attend meetings and also volunteer to do things such as cleaning up the neighbourhood to gain recognition in the community. Politeness and gentle phrasing does wonders along with lots of praise for the person you are speaking with.