New Year With Your Filipina

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Hope everyone has stocked up on food...........you should not be spending money on new years day.Do you all have your 12 fruits on your table.........this will bring you luck for the 12 months of the year.Do you all have coins scattered around the corners of your house..........this will mean you always have money.Do you have your sticky rice prepared? This means your family will always stick together.Now, you are prepared. :cheersty:

• Like 3

Garpo
Posted
Posted
Hope everyone has stocked up on food...........you should not be spending money on new years day.Do you all have your 12 fruits on your table.........this will bring you luck for the 12 months of the year.Do you all have coins scattered around the corners of your house..........this will mean you always have money.Do you have your sticky rice prepared? This means your family will always stick together.Now, you are prepared. :cheersty:
Also, I think this years lucky color is white. Make sure to wear something white.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

InterestingDo they still do that or is it a thing of the past? :cheersty:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
InterestingDo they still do that or is it a thing of the past? :flamebd:
If you like, just for for you Tom, the witch doctor is in! I will do a free vodoo dance in my g-string loin cloth and do some incantations with parts of a chicken's head, feet, gizzard & guts and wish upon you and yours a Prosperos and Happy New Year! Let me know, midnight is approaching! :cheersty:
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
InterestingDo they still do that or is it a thing of the past? :540:
If you like, just for for you Tom, the witch doctor is in! I will do a free vodoo dance in my g-string loin cloth and do some incantations with parts of a chicken's head, feet, gizzard & guts and wish upon you and yours a Prosperos and Happy New Year! Let me know, midnight is approaching! :cheersty:
Not the G-string , no not the G string :flamebd:

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Bundy, you're spot on with the Filipino new year's superstitions. These days, it's a mixture of manycultures, especially from the Chinese. My wife Judy said her sign (the year of the dragon) is coming upfor 2012. Oh boy -- I'm going to be spanked twice as hard this year. I mean she's already a Scorpionand now a fire breathing dragon. But more often than not, her bite gives me both pain and pleasure....he, he.Killing me softly -- Jakepost-686-0-96836900-1325344956_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Every year is special that I spend with my wife, so we are looking forward to 2012 and beyond to only get better.As Bruce says, she has to be a saint to put up with me, so I am truly blessed that I found her.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

All I can say is, that next week will be our 24th wedding anniversary, would have been 30 years had it not been for our 6 yr long distance courtship prior to our marriage! As for all the ups and downs we had in our relationship over the years, it was or still is truly cheaper to keep her for as long as possible and so far so good! :541: How we spent our New Year's Eve with a pot luck dinner with our friends and neighbors before all the smoke!IMG_0089.MOV

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Hey Bundy, you're spot on with the Filipino new year's superstitions. These days, it's a mixture of manycultures, especially from the Chinese. My wife Judy said her sign (the year of the dragon) is coming upfor 2012. Oh boy -- I'm going to be spanked twice as hard this year. I mean she's already a Scorpionand now a fire breathing dragon. But more often than not, her bite gives me both pain and pleasure....he, he.Killing me softly -- Jakepost-686-0-96836900-1325344956_thumb.jpg
Looks like you're in for a hot year Jake! Better behave yourself mate.
  • Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted
InterestingDo they still do that or is it a thing of the past? :540:
Sure they do! We've been doing this for 8 years now but just don't ask me if it works! :541: