Raining Fish, Sounds Fishy

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Fish rain bewilders residents in PhilippinesDozens of small fish fell from the sky during a heavy rain, says reportManila: Residents of a town in southern Philippines’ Agusan del Sur were bewildered as fish fell from the sky during a heavy downpour, a report reaching the capital said.The Bombo Radyo network said dozens of small fish fell from the sky during a heavy rain on Friday morning in Poblacion village in the town of Loreto.The fish were about the size of a normal cigarette stick, pink in colour and still alive when they reached the ground.According to the report, several residents, especially children, had gathered the tiny fish and placed them in makeshift aquariums.http://gulfnews.com/...ppines-1.965683

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Water funnel picked them up and carried them inland. Documented before...... Tip off is many (school of fish) and small (lite enough to carry in the suction of the funnel)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have seen waterspouts here that could easily carry small fish into the sky so raining fish is not out of the realm of my imagination.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Maybe God knew they might be hungry or need fish for their fish tanks, so he sent some down. :cheersty: No not likely small twister is more likely. :hystery:

brock
Posted
Posted

I have actually been in a shower of small frogs in my home town about 30 years ago, Lasted for about 5 minutes, their were thousands of them, all alive too

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
I have actually been in a shower of small frogs in my home town about 30 years ago, Lasted for about 5 minutes, their were thousands of them, all alive too
Didn't see it myself, but when I was in still in school my grandparents was on vacation in Florida and witnessed the same thing.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Raining animalsRaining animals is a rare meteorological phenomenon in which flightless animals "rain" from the sky. Such occurrences have been reported in many countries throughout history. One hypothesis offered to explain this phenomenon is that strong winds traveling over water sometimes pick up creatures such as fish or frogs, and carry them for up to several miles.However, this primary aspect of the phenomenon has never been witnessed or scientifically tested.Sometimes the animals survive the fall, suggesting the animals are dropped shortly after extraction. Several witnesses of raining frogs describe the animals as startled, though healthy, and exhibiting relatively normal behavior shortly after the event. In some incidents, however, the animals are frozen to death or even completely encased in ice. There are examples where the product of the rain is not intact animals, but shredded body parts. Some cases occur just after storms having strong winds, especially during tornadoes.However, there have been many unconfirmed cases in which rainfalls of animals have occurred in fair weather and in the absence of strong winds or waterspouts.Rains of animals (as well as rains of blood or blood-like material, and similar anomalies) play a central role in the epistemological writing of Charles Frost, especially in his first book,The Book of the Damned. Fort collected stories of these events and used them both as evidence and as a metaphor in challenging the claims of scientific explanation.The English language idiom "it is raining cats and dogs", referring to a heavy downpour, is of uncertain etymology, and there is no evidence that it has any connection to the "raining animals" phenomenon.Note that this is a regular occurrence for birds, which can get killed in flight, or stunned, and then fall (unlike flightless creatures, which first have to be lifted into the air by an outside force). Sometimes this happens in large groups, for instance, the blackbirds falling from the sky in Beebe, Arkansas, United Stated on December 31, 2010. It is common for birds to become disoriented (for example, because of bad weather or fireworks) and collide with objects such as trees or buildings, killing them or stunning them into falling to death. The number of blackbirds killed in Beebe is not spectacular considering the size of their congregations, which can be in the millions. The event in Beebe, however, captured the imagination and lead to more reports in the media of birds falling from the sky across the globe, such as in Sweden and Italy, though many scientists claim such mass deaths are common occurrences but usually go unnoticed.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have seen some explaination of the raining frogs before. It does not rain frogs. Also it is limited to tree frogs and not pond frogs. Unlike schools of fish swimming near the surface and then picked up in a water spout, the frogs are not in a group to be picked up, have suction cups on the feet as to grasp and avoid being picked up in the wind. Also they have a low profile and as such, have minimal wind resistance. Again, unlike the fish which are simply passengers in the water picked up by the funnel.It is a sudden rain, after a period of no rain in which the frogs, in a semi hibernating state, are awakened 'en mass' by the sudden rain and they are 'suddenly jumping all over the place, thereby making people think it was raining frogs.

brock
Posted
Posted

I beg to differ Bruce, It was definitely raining frogs, Also I do not think we have tree frogs in England, But I am not 100% sure about that.This happened in a street with just houses, no foliage of any kind.

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

It only appears to be raining frogs..... as most humans avoid the rain and look DOWN to avoid water in their eyes and drowning if stupid enough to look up with the mouth open! Without the water being sucked up as the transport media, the fish would stay in the ocean, as they are simply passengers. There is no traveling media such as water for the frogs. People also report it raining frogs.... but no one is HIT by falling frogs, unlike those caught by sleet or hail.Also, as long as you don't get arrested for animal cruelty, take a small frog and THROW (not toss 10') as high as possible and see what happens when gravity over comes the upward momentum of said frog and it comes back down the the ground. (What is green and red and spins at 100 MPH??? Why Kermit the frog in a blender! ......3rd grade joke)Also, there are no reports of frogs on roofs...... if it was raining frogs, then people would report looking out their windows onto lower roofs and seeing frogs everywhere on those roofs.Humans, as smart as they think they are.... are easily fooled. History is full of eye witness accounts of odd things that they totally believe like a priest with stigmata that fools everyone until his death and then they find documentation that he was using a special acid to cause the effect...... But people saw it and believed it. We all know that when a magician pulls a bird out of a hat... it is real.... I mean we all saw it so it must be magic... right? Remember your weird uncle pulling a quarter out of your ear? As a small kid.... you believed it. But do you still believe it today???? When the telegraph was new, there was a man who set up a telegraph station in the early days of the western mining towns in the USA, and for over a year he made good money sending telegraphs out...... until someone new came to town and pointed out that there were no telegraph poles or wires in town! So the town people beat the scammer to death! Up to that point they all saw the telegraphs being sent, so they believed it.Right here in the Ft. Lauderdale area, in 2011, a gypsy family was arrested (yes... again and again and... again) for scamming 40 MILLION USD out of people telling them that their money was cursed and they had to turn the money over to the gypsies to have it 'cleansed'. They managed to get 20 million from some local author! People belive some strange things..... even today.On a more shocking and some what very disappointing note...... less than 2 months ago Italian 'scientists' proclaimed the Shroud of Turin as 'real' ..... NOT due to any evidence at all..... BUT (!) simply because they, the 'scientists' can't figure out HOW it was faked, so, then they declare the earth is flat... oh sorry, the sun travels around the earth... oops! wrong century again..... ah well, you can never figure out what Italian 'scientists' are saying any way. But to come to a firm conclusion because you can figure out how it was done? That is not science.So, if one asked an Italian 'scientist' about the bird being pulled out of the hat...........Now.... I have to get back to my current dilemma..... I bought this little box that takes a $1 bill and turns it into a $100 bill. I just can't get the hang of it.... I SAW the guy do it several times... so I know it is real, but damn it, I can't remember if I need to turn the box over clock wise or counter clock wise and then shake 6 times and say the lords prayer backwards in latin... shake first, then turn.... damn it.... Oh well, I will keep at it. I am going to get rich off this litttle box I paid $5000 for.... yes sir.... give me a day or two and and I will be rich....Oh yes.... about the frogs....(I cheated... sorry) there was something on this a few years ago on the TV (tele for the Queen's minions) in which the 'raining frogs myth' was debunked...... Explained by NON ITALIAN biologists...... hehehehehehe

Edited by Bruce