Raining Fish, Sounds Fishy

brock
Posted
Posted
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well since you did not write anything... I am not sure what you mean by the video. Again... NO frogs in the rain. Video cams have been 'everywhere' since the 1980's..... no footage of raining frogs. Also the video mixes fish and frogs. Raining fish is well documented and explained and VIDEO TAPED... and by mixing that information with the frog aspect, it tends to give credibility to the frog tales, when no credibility is due.Even the 'expert' on the cam who lives in 'tornado alley' can't come up with anything but a STOLEN explaination (remove fish, insert frog....same story) And he uses the 'old wives tales / folk lure tie in. However... upon applying logic to the frog story and his explaination..... He ADDS water from a lake / pond as the required travel media and has confused pond frogs and tree frogs in his little story.The raining of frogs has always been told relating to tree frogs, many less than 1/2" across (newly hatched like I said in a past reply) and not of the much larger pond frog cousins. Remember the RAIN part of the stories.... A tornado is not dependant on rain... if it were a tornado, then why the rain? WHY can't it simply rain frogs... without the rain? I mean a tornado can pick up the fish and travel with them and then drop them, but that is much different than an actual miles across rain storm. This is why that farmer found the fish in the field with no rain. But there is ALWAYS rain in the frong tales... why???? Because........Tree frogs lay their eggs and they start to mature and be ready for the next..... wait for it........ the next.... RAIN! So things dry up and they 'wait'. Once a new rain comes, they dig out and start jumping around IN THE RAIN.... ALL baby TREE frogs, no bull frogs / pond frogs..... and all in the rain..... And if you look down, you THINK you see it raiing frogs because they are jumping around just like bouncing in the rain. But.... why are there no stories of people being hit in the head by falling frogs.... but there are stories of people being hit in the head by falling fish!The video should not have mixed fish and frogs, and is shot for a young school age audience and is not factual in nature. If this same 'professor' approached his graduate level work in this same manner / lack of actual supporting details / based on anechdotal story telling.... well, he would not have graduated from whatever university that gave him an advanced degree.Rain fish... yes it can. Rain frogs.... still no......

Edited by Bruce

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Some times I wish I never posted certain stories :hystery:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey it's OK big guy ...... just suck it up :hystery: ...... I'm still waiting for it to rain those you know what's ....... but with my luck my bushel basket would have a hole in it ........ can't say the real thing because this is a family show ....... :nudie: :nudie: :999: :559: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have actually been in a shower of small frogs in my home town about 30 years ago, Lasted for about 5 minutes, their were thousands of them, all alive too
I believe you, but it seems to be one of those controversial things like seeing UFO's, people don't always believe until they see with their own eyes. Its why I never post about the UFO I saw . . . oops, forget I said that.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I have actually been in a shower of small frogs in my home town about 30 years ago, Lasted for about 5 minutes, their were thousands of them, all alive too
I believe you, but it seems to be one of those controversial things like seeing UFO's, people don't always believe until they see with their own eyes. Its why I never post about the UFO I saw . . . oops, forget I said that.
Little by little the details come out! Some simple questions.... were all the frogs SMALL, like newly hatched in the rain???? Why no big frogs??? Why no dead frogs? SURELY if it was a tornado / water spout, there would be SOME collateral damage to some frogs. Were you actually hit in the head (no) or just saw them all jumping on the ground? Where in nature, EXCEPT in cases of mass hatchings, do you find THOUSANDS of frogs, all the same small size and all in the same very close well defined area? Once hatched, the frogs fan out in an ever widening area looking for food. So how did the tornado / water spout collect all the fongs AND only frogs??? Why no fish? WHY NO LEAVES? No debris came down in the rain of frogs? Just frogs...... very strange..... Unless you happen to witness a mass hatching of tree frogs after the start of a fesh rain. I am not saying that at some time, a frog or two.... along with fish and debris / leaves / trash are picked up in a tornado or water spout and carried off. BUT what you are describing is a mass hatching of frogs in the fresh rain and then mistaking that for it actually raining frogs. When you look at the small details as I listed above, and remember you nor no one else reports strong gusts of winds at the same time.... it all supports a mass hatching and not the actuall raining of frogs.

brock
Posted
Posted

All I know is what i saw with my own eyes, it was in a street with terraced housing, no foliage, no trees anything like that.They were not jumping on the ground, they were falling from the sky, They were the normal type of pond frogs, all very tiny.Not tree frogs.Did man really land on the moon ???

Bruce
Posted
Posted

OK, I can take a hint. You saw what you saw... BUT ... please promise that you will not watch Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End........ I am concerned that when you see the ship sailing off the edge of the world............ Well you know.... just don't watch it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OKI hate closing topics but this can be argued to no value forever,I have to add though that there must be more events like this happening all the time,I often hear people say its raining cats and dogs outside so, :thumbs-up-smile: :540: