Golf In Cebu

colin6549
Posted
Posted

Hi all... My name is Colin from the UK... I am visiting Cebu 9th to 29th Feb 2012 on a reseach trip to see if Cebu will be a good place to retire... I'll be staying near Argao and will have a rental car to get around... Is there a good place to meet up with Brits that live there... and can anyone tell me much about the golf courses, where can ex pats play and which courses to avoid.. I spent a few months in Phuket last year, fantastic golf courses but expensive as is property...

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi all... My name is Colin from the UK... I am visiting Cebu 9th to 29th Feb 2012 on a reseach trip to see if Cebu will be a good place to retire... I'll be staying near Argao and will have a rental car to get around... Is there a good place to meet up with Brits that live there... and can anyone tell me much about the golf courses, where can ex pats play and which courses to avoid.. I spent a few months in Phuket last year, fantastic golf courses but expensive as is property...
In Cebu City there is a group that meet up at the Sandtrap and a group of Hash Harriers which has foreigners from all countries and quite a few Brits among them. Sorry I cannot help you with Argao. Hope you enjoy your stay.
  • Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

There is a golf course in Cebu City but I don't play so can't tell you anything about it.My suggestion for meeting Brits would be Hash House Harriers as well.http://cebuhash.org/Another place to meet British expats is Drifters in Gaisano Country MallI have never been to the Jokers Arms but it is a British pubhttp://jokersarms.com/index.phpYou might like to try there too!Regards: Jim

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Go to lielands in argao thats the local hang out for expats from all over the world I believe the owner is english also Sams place in carcar has poker on wendsday nights . churritos in Delegette is another local hangout . Golf not much and pricey .

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
Go to lielands in argao thats the local hang out for expats from all over the world I believe the owner is english also Sams place in carcar has poker on wendsday nights . churritos in Delegette is another local hangout . Golf not much and pricey .
Never heard of Delegette. Where is that? Did you mean Dumaguette Negros Oriental? Edited by Steve & Myrlita

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Delegette is the next town south of Argao about a 20 minute drive theres a few places to eat and drink there Churritos makes a great quesadilia also the beer garden is cool the guy there smokes his own meat and harder to find is the secret garden nice homemade pizza Also in argao theres the stone castle and woodruffs plus a BBQ market on the ocean thats pretty good and cheap.Carcar has little for such a big town (city) Sams campfire grill makes great burgers and a decent burrito the hidden gem in Carcar is the bamboo bar cheap ice cold beer and really good pork tenderlion steak for 120p . Also by the big shoe is a resto that makes good food can,t remeber the name but quality pino food although a little pricey. UROCK BBQ has closed and is missed a lot but theres a rumor of it reopening next year . Also there was a short lived Italiano resto that was excellent and will hopefully reopen in the next couple months. Like most towns theres many little calendarias and some are excellent and some are really bad as well as resorts to many to name

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just to clear up any confusion, the spelling is Dalaguete. :541:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Just to clear up any confusion, the spelling is Dalaguete. :541:
And the local pronunciation is Dalaguet, no "e" on the end, so they say.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

plenty of cheap golf and good courses, however a bit of a trek from Argao. Your closest would be Badian on the opposite coast you can drive straight over the mountains at certain points. Next closest would be Alta Vista south side of Cebu City. Cebu Country Club is in Banilad great course. Mactan island also has a good course although some will disagree but then they may have not been there for years and then there is Danao which is beautiful but a bit out of the way. As far as meeting good people both local and expat, Sandtrap has just been taken over by a friend of mine and that will now for sure become more popular, Jokers arms managed by a couple of brits is another drinking/meeting spot and the Emerald isle in Talamban opened about 6 months ago and has a good regular crowd. Argao? what is the reason for picking there, its a nice area but a bit out of the way for most things, shopping, restaurants and bars few and far between unless its the quiet reserved life you are looking for. No offense to any that live there!!!!!!!!!!!Ps: Average price for a game of golf 18 holes with caddy no more than Php 2000. also check out my websites for info on properties in cebu amongst othersEnjoy your stay!!

• Like 1

colin6549
Posted
Posted
plenty of cheap golf and good courses, however a bit of a trek from Argao. Your closest would be Badian on the opposite coast you can drive straight over the mountains at certain points. Next closest would be Alta Vista south side of Cebu City. Cebu Country Club is in Banilad great course. Mactan island also has a good course although some will disagree but then they may have not been there for years and then there is Danao which is beautiful but a bit out of the way.As far as meeting good people both local and expat, Sandtrap has just been taken over by a friend of mine and that will now for sure become more popular, Jokers arms managed by a couple of brits is another drinking/meeting spot and the Emerald isle in Talamban opened about 6 months ago and has a good regular crowd.Argao? what is the reason for picking there, its a nice area but a bit out of the way for most things, shopping, restaurants and bars few and far between unless its the quiet reserved life you are looking for.No offense to any that live there!!!!!!!!!!!Ps: Average price for a game of golf 18 holes with caddy no more than Php 2000.also check out my websites for info on properties in cebu amongst othersEnjoy your stay!!
Thanks Geoff... what is your website..it does'nt say... i choose Argao as it was the only villa I could find with a private pool.. i have a rental car so i am happy to drive everywhere and get to learn the island... and I'm looking for a lot to build on with a 75 year lease if you have any ideas.