Cebu & The Plan !

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

Hi Higg-Num,I have 3 clients who practise MMA here in cebu and at least 2 of them run their own schools or at least classes in MMA school.One lives a long way south, around Talisay I think, but runs his classes in the Banilad area; the other lives and teaches around the Liloan area which is about 20 km from the Cebu CBD.Living in Liloan you can rent from 4000p a month and I guess Talisay would be the same although I don't know that area well.In Banilad you won't find much below 12,000p but the area is more up market, closer to the CBD and has many more facilities.Once you have enough posts you can PM me and I will put you in touch with them.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Living in Liloan you can rent from 4000p a month
Is that a misprint Paul? I lived in Liloan for 3 years and never saw anything a westerner would live in for 4K a month. Hell, I'd move back there for that. Do they allow dogs?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Living in Liloan you can rent from 4000p a month
Is that a misprint Paul? I lived in Liloan for 3 years and never saw anything a westerner would live in for 4K a month. Hell, I'd move back there for that. Do they allow dogs?
Maybe that price was for dog only :hystery:Sorry could not resist,I will go back into my kennel now.
  • Like 1

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Mike S. Thanks for the links. Dave H. I'm still learning my way around this site. I hope to improve my ability to communicate & appreciate everyones understanding. Mike B Thanks for the link but I can tell from the site & the curriculum that would not be my first choice. Web sites, if detailed with pictures can tell a student a lot Sir. : ) Mike S. Thank you for the links.Most of the pension homes did not list prices, though I'm not real good at computer stuff. BTW, Randy seems like a really down to earth kinda guy.Acienrocka...Your on ! Thank you for the kindness of your offer. 12000p a month is not bad IF the place is safe, fairly clean with aircon. Guys, My sincerest thank you once more.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

My family has a place for rent in Talisay about 4K Peso a month.Update the place has been sold.

Edited by Old55

billten
Posted
Posted

There are at least 2 places i can refer you to in Talisay that would be in the 5-6k range and the prices drop to 4-5k in Ming (a little further south). BTW prices of rent have dropped A LOT here in Cebu over the last few years. A friend of mine just rented a 2 bedroom home in a sub-division for about 7k if that is any help...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
BTW prices of rent have dropped A LOT here in Cebu over the last few years.
That's encouraging. So often prices go the other way. I moved from the area north of Cebu city because I found that foreigners were driving up the price of houses that I wanted. But now that I think of it, the ones that were just a bit smaller and older than I wanted were still pretty cheap.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
There are at least 2 places i can refer you to in Talisay that would be in the 5-6k range and the prices drop to 4-5k in Ming (a little further south). BTW prices of rent have dropped A LOT here in Cebu over the last few years. A friend of mine just rented a 2 bedroom home in a sub-division for about 7k if that is any help...
That is great to see. I keep reading about people paying crazy high rents and I wonder how big a joint do they have? And I guess how many servants too. I've seen some of the 7k places and they are fine for me. But I'm easy. (that's what she said)

billten
Posted
Posted

Regards the MMA, you might also wat to check this out:http://docepares.ph/content/contact-us

• 3 weeks later...
Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Old 55, thank you for the kind info & offer. I would actually have to bounce between gyms ( Same gym & curriculum; different locations to train different days ) So it would not be simply a matter of living close to one or the other. IF I wish to train during the day....which would be my preference. ( Train at least 4-5 days a week ) Some days I will have to train twice that day with hours of rest in between. That helps prevent injuries & stagnation in the skill building process. : )Billten, Thank you . I am humbled by your offer but I'm only interested in MMA type schools ( Legit and structured Bjj, Muay Thai, Dirty boxing, Grapple...in the form of western Greco-Roman, Judo ) Hence ....MMA ; )I do not need much in the way of luxury or space. Just Air-con, Maybe internet, clean water, safe location and centrally located to transportation to and from the gyms. Some things I will need to acess once I hit the tar-mac. ( Boots on the ground ) I'm still learning my way around this site so PLEASE monitor. I'll announce when things are solid and I KNOW my departure date. I have a meeting with my attorney the feb 24th. Till we get few things worked out ( Will, executer, insurance and so forth )... No since in me getting plane tickets as of yet but things being worked out.Thank you all for ALL of your kindness and trouble. I so look forward to meeting ya'll in person.

• Like 4