Screen Name And Search Engines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Time for a screen name change! :hystery: When I joined this forum I didn't think it would be a problem to use my full name as a screen name, but in retrospect I knew that was not a good idea. :89: Today I searched for my name on Google, and it came up with all my posts here.My employer does not yet know of my impending exit from the rat race, so I prefer to remain out of search engines. .

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm very surprised. I did not for a minute think that was your real name. I thought you were a biker or BDSM fan who liked to 'don' (Synonyms: put on - dress - robe - wear - garb - tog - get on) their leather paraphernalia.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

OK "OnMyWay", but is that also OneWay? Even I found a lot of my and others post using the Google search engine! So, if one doesn't want to be found, don't use your real name! :89:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
OK "OnMyWay", but is that also OneWay? Even I found a lot of my and others post using the Google search engine! So, if one doesn't want to be found, don't use your real name! :89:
THANK YOU ART, in a previous topic/post about internet /personal security this issue came up, maybe now some FM will change or use a slight variation of their "real"name for security/safetyOnMyWaythis is an eye opener as I am sure that most others have NOT DONE a "GOOGLE" Search on their name, thank you for bringing this to the attention of others,

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
THANK YOU ART, in a previous topic/post about internet /personal security this issue came up, maybe now some FM will change or use a slight variation of their "real"name for security/safetyOnMyWaythis is an eye opener as I am sure that most others have NOT DONE a "GOOGLE" Search on their name, thank you for bringing this to the attention of others,
Most have nothing to hide anyway,its not like you put your bank account details on the forum.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

But.... if you do a goole search on your name and.... NOTHING comes up..... does it mean you are a failure or do not exist?If you google me.... you might find me... AND a (not a joke) gay pharmacist who lives 15 miles away........ Please try not to confuse the two of us. Being named Bruce is bad enough (in the US), and since I am also a nurse....... well, you get the picture........

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
If you google me.... you might find me... AND a (not a joke) gay pharmacist who lives 15 miles away........ Please try not to confuse the two of us. Being named Bruce is bad enough (in the US), and since I am also a nurse....... well, you get the picture........
Then how do you explain the naked pictures of men you keep Emailing me, huh? :89:
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
If you google me.... you might find me... AND a (not a joke) gay pharmacist who lives 15 miles away........ Please try not to confuse the two of us. Being named Bruce is bad enough (in the US), and since I am also a nurse....... well, you get the picture........
Then how do you explain the naked pictures of men you keep Emailing me, huh? :mocking:
Now that is just what Lee would have said! heheheheheheOn a more serious note, as a nurse, and a private person, as well as living in the greater Ft Lauderdale area with the 3rd largest gay community in the US, I have known many gay people. I was impressed after several visits to Phils that I have (to date) never heard faggot, queer or the like in a negative referrence to gay people. Ladyboys and openly gay teachers as well as store clerks.... all seem to be well accepted as family members and community members. No wonder you fit in so well, Tom! hehehehe

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Dave - When you search my name, you do get a lot of that stuff! :mocking: But no, my name is a translation / truncation of what would be "Leather Smith" in Germany.Ed - A few years ago a search turned up nothing on me but these days, with everyone on social media web sites like Facebook, almost everyone gets a hit! If you are employed or looking for employment, that can be dangerous. The rumor is that a very high % of photos posted on Facebook are of partying and drinking, so a prospective employer can easily disqualify candidates based on a few quick searches.Jolly - Yes, and that is what I was thinking when I created my screen name initially, but my employment situation requires that I be careful and there is money involved.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

http://ph.news.yahoo...-000602237.html Lawmakers press Google on privacy policy changes(Reuters) - A leading lawmaker on privacy issues said on Thursday he would ask for a probe into whether recently announced changes in how Google handles consumer data violated an agreement it made with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.Representative Edward Markey was also one of eight U.S. lawmakers who sent a letter to Google expressing concern that a planned consolidation of user information may make it more difficult for consumers to protect their privacy.In a separate statement, Markey went further: "I plan to ask the Federal Trade Commission whether Google's planned changes to its privacy policy violate Google's recent settlement with the agency."

• Like 1