Pancake House

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Me and my wife have been to the Pancake House in Ayala Terrances many times and each time the food was just great, along with very good customer service. I always get a set of two pancakes and a cheese and ham omelet with toast. I recommend this place. Its open I thing at 7:30am Monday - Sunday. wow.... :mocking:
I'll have to make sure and check this place out when I get there... I remember the days of eating a stack or 2 (minimum 10 pancakes per stack) along with a dozen sausages, coffee, and desert.... Now I think just the 2 singles will do me just fine and I'll have to take the omelet home with me! :hystery:
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Damn you UA ..... you did have to bring up the Pancake house didn't you ..... and just as I was almost getting used to not going there :hystery: ...... trying to watch my carbs ..... but thanks to you I will probably be going back this week for the blue-berry pancakes and 2 orders of crispy bacon :hystery: ..... I hope you're satisfied ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:Bob ... you won't be sorry it is excellent .... and the servings are huge .....

• Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought I was the only one crazy about the Pancake House! My wife and I go there on a weekly basis on our grocery day every Tuesday! Luckily we have 3 Pancakes Houses we can go to, one at SM mall 3 miles away, one just across the street from where we live and a new one that just opened in Nuvali just less than 1/4 mile from our home!I go for anything American that's on their menu! I stay away from their Filipino style foods because I'm not keen on Filipino cuisine and hey, I'm a Fil/Am! Go figure eh, it's probably because I grew up eating it on a daily basis, but I prefer a good American breakfast! I wish though they had biscuits and gravy aka SOS!When in the U.S., it's the (IHOP), International House of Pancakes for sure! When Jake and I first met in California, it was over breakfast at the IHOP in his home town, nice area too! Breakfast and the smokes (Marlboro Lights, just 1 stick for Jake, since he's an avid tennis player) was on me! :hystery:post-682-0-52770900-1327809270_thumb.jpgpost-682-0-50812400-1327817249_thumb.jpgEnjoy!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

We have a Pancake House here in Baguio City too. I have gone there three or four times. It is okay and definitely more western style food there, but I guess I'm kinda picky. It is nice to have waffles occasionally, to be sure. Their eggs were pretty so-so and darn pricy. After eating there I feel like I spent about twice what the food was worth. To be honest, my wife kicks out a better bacon, orange yolk eggs, and french toast most mornings for me than I could buy there. But if I was traveling, they would be on my list of okay to eat places. Tangential Segue: Eggs here are fairly cheap but pretty mundane in terms of taste (imho). Some dealers do offer a better quality egg, advertised as orange yolk egg. The OY (orange yolk) are variable. Some are done by feeding the chickens a food coloring and it doesn't affect/improve the taste of the egg at all. Other OY are produced by feeding the chickens an improved diet and those both look better visually and taste much much better. So when you get the darker OY you may or may not notice a significant improvement when you eat them.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

We have a new Pancake House in Nuvali, just a few minutes from our home in Sta. Rosa, Laguna. https://www.google.c...iw=1166&bih=661Here's the link showing all of the pictures on their menu, not per say where we live, but I think they're basically all the same.https://www.google.c...iw=1166&bih=661

i am bob
Posted
Posted
We have a new Pancake House in Nuvali, just a few minutes from our home in Sta. Rosa, Laguna. https://www.google.c...iw=1166&bih=661Here's the link showing all of the pictures on their menu, not per say where we live, but I think they're basically all the same.!https://www.google.c...iw=1166&bih=661
You are sooo mean! I just had my light diet dinner and sat down to catch the hockey game (go Leafs!) and I clicked on the link for the pictures...I am now changing to go back out for pancakes and bacon and sausage and....!
  • Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Pancake House just opened up in Bacolod on Lacson St. Will try it soon.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Pancake House just opened up in Bacolod on Lacson St. Will try it soon.
Don't ever order the roast beef special no matter which branch you go, it's dry and such a small portion! You get more beef out of a Big Mac! :thumbsup: Their country breakfast is OK price wise, but if you order bacon on the side, your price of the country breakfast will be double the price! :hystery: Their tacos are good, but at P100 a piece! We love their french toast! Has anybody tried ARMY NAVY Burger/Burrito? Great stuff! :)http://www.hourphili...er-burrito-yum/5576452432_c6d3e55233.jpg5575955887_e1872862a9.jpg Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
SubicSteve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Art2ro,I see it says you are formally from San Diego. Did you ever have breakfast at the Family house of pancakes in Chula Vista? How bout their 6 egg omlettes stuffed with shredded beef and topped with their home made salsa? MMMMMmmmmmmmmIMG_50.jpgOne omlette cut in half...... MASARAPIMG_51.jpg

Edited by SubicSteve
  • Like 1