A Gift Or Contribution?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Lol.... I know it's taboo. I guess I had the expectation that people would jump at the chance to drink such a unique kind of alcohol. When they weren't, I realized, "Oh no! They don't appreciate it's GREATNESS because they don't live in Taiwan and know what it is! I MUST rescue it and consume it slowly all week long so it knows it's loved!"Ah well, now I'll have to buy my own. That bottle was actually a gift to me from my student's parents, so I'm not sure how much it cost, but it was definitely quality stuff.
Did you ever consider they may have thought it to be rude to open and share, perhaps that's why no one drank it. Maybe you should have opened it and poured a few drinks for others. Just a thought. :boohoo:

daisy
Posted
Posted

That was definitely considered a gift so it is up to them if they will share it or not to their guests. However if it was specified that you will bring your own share of wine for the party, then without any doubt it was open the moment you put that on their table. For sure, when next party come, your gift will be presented and served with pride that it was given to them by their foreigner friend... :thumbsup:

• Like 3