Cebu Crime.

Bundy
Posted
Posted

I may be wrong but i do seem to remember reading in a Cebu paper quite a while back about a similar story. A foreigner was seen to be bringing a woman back to his hotel and later woke having no recollection of what had happened only to realise that he had been "relieved" of far more than he'd bargained for.It was reported to the cops.As most here would probably agree, Cebu gets more like Manila every day so i guess we shouldn't be surprised when we hear of such despicable acts.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. A foreigner was seen to be bringing a woman back to his hotel and later woke having no recollection of what had happened only to realise that he had been "relieved" of far more than he'd bargained for
I hope it was a woman and not a lady boy. Being victimized by a woman is bad enough bout the other would be a REAL pain in the ass.
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Being victimized by a woman is bad enough bout the other would be a REAL pain in the ass.
Literally , ouch

FlyAway
Posted
Posted (edited)

We use Propofol in the veterinary field. You really have to use a strong intravenious dose to knock someone out for a long period of time. Chances are that strong dose might just kill them. Someone could be kept under with a slow IV drip of the stuff but who would take the time to do that?I carry my own bottle opener. Any questions about why I want unopened bottles is moot when they see it in action. Great conversation piece. Of course everybody wants it to.post-635-0-21185200-1328324054_thumb.jpg post-635-0-16046600-1328324067_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
attached images correctly

Bruce
Posted
Posted
We use Propofol in the veterinary field. You really have to use a strong intravenious dose to knock someone out for a long period of time. Chances are that strong dose might just kill them. Someone could be kept under with a slow IV drip of the stuff but who would take the time to do that?I carry my own bottle opener. Any questions about why I want unopened bottles is moot when they see it in action. Great conversation piece. Of course everybody wants it to.
When used properly, a slow IV drip is corect and since it clears the system quickly, the patient is not under very long. It has been used for extended amounts of time to keep a person sedated. If you are rich and a drug addict, some private clinics will put you under for several days to have your body detox with out the side effects that you would be aware of if awake.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thank you Bruce, that is exactly what I was curious to know. :attention: If the story is true (I am not saying its untrue) thats good information.From what I have read this crime is common in Thailand. Bruce as a medical person would you guess if "date-rape" drug we read about could have been used? If so I wonder how common it is in Philippines, don't think I have read about this type of crime in Philippines before.
This sort of "crime" does happen often, not daily or weekly of course but ,,,,,,,,,it can happen both to men & women,several years ago a woman & her companion was befriended by 2 men somewhere in northern luzon , i not post the graphic details but they did catch the 2 men and convicted,recently,within the past 2 years,and previously posted here by me,A string of incidents(3-5 i believe) of regarding foreign tourists occurred, the local police was "clueless" to investigate or apprehendthese crimes, ..How was it solved??yes Ed please tell us.. :541: It seems the US embassy got involved. The victims digital cameras had most of the photos erased , 1 or 2 photos still exsited, on that. they enhanced them . A LTO number & other info was found, this was forwarded to the PNP and guess what the crime was solved,,(personal note, When i have had the rare opportunity to meet or see embassy personal,I do thank them for the help they had given to these victims and the other forms of help to the local authorities ,to keep the visitors safe ) :508: Edited by ed villas

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

It is almost impossible to completely protect yourself. One option for somewhat safer storage is use a pacsafe bag and connect it to something they can't remove it from, some sort of permanent fixture in your bedroom. Some drugs simply knock you out, others turn you into a willing zombie and you would likely help them carry your stuff out to the jeepney.