Over size Filipinos

Bruce
Posted
Posted
50 years ago, diabetes was unknown in the Phiippines and most of Asia. The statistics from Japan indicate that their diabetes numbers equal that of the United States and Europe. It is the same with heart disease. I don't have data for the Philippines, but the Japan government is sponsoring Japanese medical students and doctors to study in the United States and become heart surgeons. I met a couple from Stanford Medical at a wedding about a year ago. I had asked them which field of medicine at Stanford and they jokingly replied, "KFC." It took me a minute to realize the acronym was for Kentucky Fried Chicken."Filipinos were mostly thin and short just 25 years ago. They are becoming taller and bulkier. The change from rice and vegetables to a Western diet of burgers and fries is the reason given. Heart disease and diabetes are the byproduct of the dietary change.
And lets give equal time to the women! One look at disease (men vs women) stats of 100 years ago and compare to today, shows that equality is HERE! Oh Yeah Baby! Women are dying at about equal rates of 'male diseases' of 100 years ago (heart and lung diseases) .... :mocking: Sort of takes some of glee out of equality, doesn't it.....

Bruce
Posted
Posted
One Of The Saddest Things Any Parent (In The Us, Uk, Or Oz) Can Hear Is Their 30 Yr Old Son Say..... 'would You Like Fries With That Order?' Or 'can I Supersize It For You?' . Oh, That Make Me Want To Cry... He Showed Such Potential Before He Got Hooked On The Rap Music And Video Games....... (Sorry, The Devil Made Me Do It!) :emostrongbow: :emostrongbow: :mocking:
Funny Thing Is I Read Every Where And Also From My Sister Who Went To USA Several Years Back That The Portions Are Much Larger In The US Than Here In Aus So Thats Part Of The Reason Of A Bigger Size Population.
I sure see it. At first, new to the Philippines and then comparing prices of fast food... it 'appears' that it is cheaper here in Phils. But when you look at the native fare proportions, the costs are about equal and in the US, much larger calories per meal.HEY! any Kanos like Italian and are homesick... www.bucadibeppo.com is waiting for you...... I love the place and I am FAT!!!!!! (big belly at least...)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have to admit that I was perplexed when I first started to look at the Philippines as a place to retire to and saw the pictures of the locals!Each and every male with Filipino blood and over the age of 25 that I have met on my side of the pond look like they weigh 100 kilos plus (225 lbs) and half of the women are about the same size! And, (glad I'm leaving!) seems like it doesn't matter the nationality here, so many women are that size!