Euthanasia....opinions

Curley
Posted
Posted
As we're generally a load of old codgers on here I thought I would pose this question. Personally if I was dribbling, pissing, crapping, uncontrollaby with no hope of a cure I would rather be given a nice little sleeping pill or injection and allowed to pass away peacefully. Your thoughts?
I used to think that way but I have been written off and not expected to live around 5 or 6 times now... Wrapped my bike around a tree at 60 mph, again slid backwards off a hairpin turn / top of the cliff fun on the bike (wrapped around another tree about 8 feet out from the edge of the cliff, meningitus and encephalitis was good for 3 times (I kept telling the priest I wasn't catholic but he kept trying to save my soul as he and the docs thought I was going up, I mean down to heck), and heart failure with my heart enlarged to over twice the normal size. I don't count the time I washed off the back end of the flight deck while yachting the (very far) North Atlantic... As we were at Flying Stations at the time, I rolled into and back out of the nets (which were down for the Helo launch) and just walked in the next deck down from the flight deck. Man overboard was called and they couldn't find me in the water... I was too busy sucking down as many beers as I could get my hands on to worry about them! :tiphat: Anyways, there you are! 6 times I wasn't expected to make it and fooled them all!!! So I say no! No Kool-Aid - purple or otherwise - for me!!!It helps that I'm IMMORTAL!!! And, so I've been told, that's just another word for "too stupid to be dead"! :rolleyes:
With all due respect "Mr Immortal" I was thinking more along the lines of if I was in that state for a reasonable amount of time, your escapades would have shown life or death in a matter of days or weeks at the most.

Curley
Posted
Posted
Pros & cons about Euthanasiahttp://euthanasia.procon.org/Just concerned about life insurances for our survivors being null and void due to the use of euthanasia! Any legal answers or solutions?
Yes, simple answer, don't have life insurance as a silly old fart. How many of us are likely to be carrying life insurance at an old age?

Curley
Posted
Posted
My ashes will be helping the next corn crop grow on our land in Carcar.
Wouldn't it be better to bury the whole body under the corn crop? Bury me under a young sapling that will grow into a nice big tree please
  • Like 1

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
My ashes will be helping the next corn crop grow on our land in Carcar.
Wouldn't it be better to bury the whole body under the corn crop? Bury me under a young sapling that will grow into a nice big tree please
I suppose that you are correct from a nutrient rich soil perspective... however, then we have the whole ghost issue to contend with and knowing my inlaws, nobody will want to farm or live on the land since I will be "haunting" it.... cremation apparently is not nearly as "haunting" to many there as decaying bodies.... maybe it is just my family. IDK :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Ah well, chuck me in the sea to feed the fishes then. Let me do SOME good in life. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
As we're generally a load of old codgers on here I thought I would pose this question. Personally if I was dribbling, pissing, crapping, uncontrollaby with no hope of a cure I would rather be given a nice little sleeping pill or injection and allowed to pass away peacefully. Your thoughts?
I used to think that way but I have been written off and not expected to live around 5 or 6 times now... Wrapped my bike around a tree at 60 mph, again slid backwards off a hairpin turn / top of the cliff fun on the bike (wrapped around another tree about 8 feet out from the edge of the cliff, meningitus and encephalitis was good for 3 times (I kept telling the priest I wasn't catholic but he kept trying to save my soul as he and the docs thought I was going up, I mean down to heck), and heart failure with my heart enlarged to over twice the normal size. I don't count the time I washed off the back end of the flight deck while yachting the (very far) North Atlantic... As we were at Flying Stations at the time, I rolled into and back out of the nets (which were down for the Helo launch) and just walked in the next deck down from the flight deck. Man overboard was called and they couldn't find me in the water... I was too busy sucking down as many beers as I could get my hands on to worry about them! :tiphat: Anyways, there you are! 6 times I wasn't expected to make it and fooled them all!!! So I say no! No Kool-Aid - purple or otherwise - for me!!!It helps that I'm IMMORTAL!!! And, so I've been told, that's just another word for "too stupid to be dead"! :rolleyes:
With all due respect "Mr Immortal" I was thinking more along the lines of if I was in that state for a reasonable amount of time, your escapades would have shown life or death in a matter of days or weeks at the most.
Dont forget the rest of my line.. I'm just too stupid to die! Or at least too stupid to stop doing the things that are gonna kill me someday!But yeah, I guess you are right... The first bike accident I was in a coma for almost 6 weeks (and full life support for 17 days) and the docs had written me off in regards to being anything but a vegetable - if I lived... (i'm now a carrot) I suppose that is more than long enough for someone if they were going to pull the plug on me... The second bike accident required a drug induced coma for just over 2 weeks and prognosis was not good again. Maybe not long enough to pull the plug for some but I don't want it pulled.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Wow, 6 times you redeemed yourself! Must be nice to be in a Royal Navy that still serves alcohol.Save those last 3 lives for the Philippines, OK?
  • Like 1