Not Kidding!

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Took a trip to Mt. Samat the other day and this is the sign they had for the entrance fee. At least they are not trying to hide anything......post-1513-0-45727100-1330334511_thumb.jp

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I don't have a problem with it because the prices are posted. My gf translated the sign as "Gong of Bravery". Very ominous sounding. What is it?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I appreciate that the fee is posted in an open honest manor. I don’t play that game even though the amount is very small we would simply move on.

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted
I don't have a problem with it because the prices are posted. My gf translated the sign as "Gong of Bravery". Very ominous sounding. What is it?
Dambana ng Kagitingan (shrine of Valor) atop Mt. Samat (altitude 564 meters) in Pilar town Bataan was built in 1966 in memory of the soldiers of World War II. It is a bit of a hike but beautiful view from the top.Link
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I think there is a similar sign when entering Queensland. ENTRY FEES.... QUEENSLANDERS FREE, COCKROACHES 50, ALL OTHERS 75..... Something like that....

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Nothing new about some people paying more than others ...... Sugbo museum is the same way foreigners pay more ..... oh by the way works in Fla. at Disney .... Sea World and other main attractions ..... locals price is cheaper ..... they figure that locals will visit more times than tourists ..... or in this case foreigners so the locals get a break ..... ...... I see nothing wrong with that ..... IMHO

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Nothing new about some people paying more than others ...... Sugbo museum is the same way foreigners pay more ..... oh by the way works in Fla. at Disney .... Sea World and other main attractions ..... locals price is cheaper ..... they figure that locals will visit more times than tourists ..... or in this case foreigners so the locals get a break ..... ...... I see nothing wrong with that ..... IMHO
Yeah Mike... about the locals getting a price break.... It annoys the hell out of me that the GROs also give locals a price break... well, I mean I heard they charge foreigners more... you know, general knowledge or something like that.... I don't really know... much.... Who would you call to complain? I am sure NoyNoy has some hotline to report abuses... any one know it??? Jus axin' you know in case I am asked that question by some foreigner. :89: :lol: :dance:PS. Always use an alias! Willie works well and they have NO CLUE! :3_8_14[1]:
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted
So if I live in the area and have for over a year. Am I a foreigner or a local?
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Gary you could live there fifty years and would always be known as a Foreigner.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sadly I think we will always be foreigners but some places if you show a Permanent Resident ACR I card you will get the local price ..... didn't try that at Sugbo Museum as the cost was so cheap I was ashamed to ask for the discount ...... :3_8_14[1]:I am old and pee my pants but hey, ya got to expect that! ......... hummmmmmm ... is this the work of JGF ..... :89: :lol: :hystery:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2