Import laws here on autos from the Philippines to the States

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

There is a full blown stainless steel jeepney running around in Maui. I used to see it downtown parked everyday in front of a tattoo shop. had up to date HAWAII plates and safety inspection sticker, and a PILIPINAS plate in the front bumper. the owner is an ex Navy LTJG.he said he brought it statesside after the Subic pullout. on board a frigate. declared it as offroad use only, thus exempting it from all federal and state DOT. and EPA requirements for highway use. then shipped it to Hawaii when he moved and had it inspected for safety and emissions.(no smog law in Hawaii). and thru the brother of the ex wifes cousins son got it registered.(i guess it helps if your local . eh brah!! :mocking: ej.

• Like 3

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Yep, Thats similar to the route I was gonna take. Talking to my attorney about my Overseas plans ( He is a dear friend so we tend to discuss things over meals ); Said I would have much easier time registering it as farm / off road equipment. Then I could possible go from that point. No emissions if I convert it to Bio-diesel. Which should be easy on older models. The older...the better.Also partially disassemble and get to the states as " Parts ". Thanks all !