How Has Living In The Philippines Changed You?

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)
What makes CarCar chicharon special anyway?
Special low fat fat fried in low fat grease.Not sure really as it is the only kind I have had... not even had pork rinds in the USA :lol: Edited by Dzighnman

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

I got the philippines bug 5 years ago and have been back twice a year for a month at a time ever since. met a great girl, love the people and everything about being there. I think the philippines is either something you fall in love with or not. Personally sitting at the local sari sari and having a redhorse with the locals, laughing, videoke and all of thos types of things I truly enjoy.I probably romanticize the thought of living there a bit but for me a simple life with my girl in PI is where I belong. I could come up with a long complicated rational list of reasons for it but I no longer follow the complicated rational of most in the US. For me it is as simple as the philippines is my home in heart end of story. thank god I found a wonderful girl to share it with.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Stress free springs to mind.My job in the UK was to repair gas appliances and plumbing systems, getting phone calls at all hours and then nothing for maybe a few days. Here I have none of this, my BP has gone down and I eat a lot healthier. I am very happy here and would only leave kicking and screaming.Kevin

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: Sounds like there is Hope for me then next Year, Never Wished my life away before BUT! Roll on JULY 2013.Jack P. :unsure:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wingman - I thought you were writing about me in your post above... Though I haven't been to the Philippines, I have been just about everywhere else... And I know in my heart as well that the Philippines is where I am suppose to be...Sonjack - I can really feel the anguish in your words when you spoke of your past work and the amazing change to how you feel now... I can't remember having a job that didn't have a lot of stress involved! One last one to go and only for a few more months! And then I get to join you in having that feeling of being alive again!!!Jack P - I get to really rub it in on you! I"ll be rolling either September or October of this year! Beat you by just under a year! Hopefully by the time you arrive I will have all the stress that built up over too many years out of my mind and body for good...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Jack P - I get to really rub it in on you! I"ll be rolling either September or October of this year! Beat you by just under a year! Hopefully by the time you arrive I will have all the stress that built up over too many years out of my mind and body for good...
:hystery: Well Bob as much as I envy that year difference, I will look Forward to your write ups on the Subject. I am sure we will both find a big difference in life. I hope that I can learn, from how you find it. I have to say that I am now begin to let the Stress Go, I am Starting to realise what Manana means, I have always said.Tomorrow is another day. Roll on 2013 Just another Year. :) The True Meaning of Manana will surely come.Best of Luck! Hope all goes well and the First Beer is on me :cheers:Jack P. :)
  • Like 2

jode
Posted
Posted

Nice posts, always good to hear stories from people that have found happiness and contentment after a stressful life. However the posts don't go into much detail as to exactly what it is that causes the relief from stress here. Actually from my year or so of experience here this would seem to be a place of much greater stressors than alot of places back home, especially to a foreigner not used to it. The dirt, poverty, traffic, language barriors ect. you know what I am talking about. Also, there are alot of places back home easy to find relief from daily grind. How about a nice cabin on a lake, or if winters to tough for that, a nice bungallow in Florida underneath the palms (you can get great deals there now). In other words I am unconvinced yet of what it is here exactly causes such relief from stress and contentment.As for me about 95% of the lure of the philippines is the filipinas. I know alot of guys don't want to admit that they go 9000 miles for a girl. It makes you sound like kinda a loser. So they go on about cost of living, climate, whatever, but I am not ashamed to be honest with myself and others. I came all this way for girls. Humans being what they are, the terrible stressors here can be adjusted to and tolerated after awhile, especially with a beautiful, sweet, loving young woman at your side. To be thousands of miles away from the domineering bitc%s back home is not far enough for me.Maybe it is just putting distance between you and your past life?

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well for me the stress factor was work related ..... being in a position that other people wanted and knowing that they would and tried to do everything to get you removed from that position so they could get it ..... the constant fear of (as an ol' fart) of what you are going to do if you loose your job ..... Walmart has just so many openings for greeters and baggers ...... here I don't get stressed out about the small stuff ..... sure I get annoyed about some of the things that go on here but I don't lay awake at night worrying about them ...... I am involved with them for the moment but when I walk away the problem stays there .... whether resolved or not ..... I don't have to live with them .... IMHO

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Nice posts, always good to hear stories from people that have found happiness and contentment after a stressful life. However the posts don't go into much detail as to exactly what it is that causes the relief from stress here. Actually from my year or so of experience here this would seem to be a place of much greater stressors than alot of places back home, especially to a foreigner not used to it. The dirt, poverty, traffic, language barriors ect. you know what I am talking about. Also, there are alot of places back home easy to find relief from daily grind. How about a nice cabin on a lake, or if winters to tough for that, a nice bungallow in Florida underneath the palms (you can get great deals there now). In other words I am unconvinced yet of what it is here exactly causes such relief from stress and contentment.As for me about 95% of the lure of the philippines is the filipinas. I know alot of guys don't want to admit that they go 9000 miles for a girl. It makes you sound like kinda a loser. So they go on about cost of living, climate, whatever, but I am not ashamed to be honest with myself and others. I came all this way for girls. Humans being what they are, the terrible stressors here can be adjusted to and tolerated after awhile, especially with a beautiful, sweet, loving young woman at your side. To be thousands of miles away from the domineering bitc%s back home is not far enough for me.Maybe it is just putting distance between you and your past life?
Heres my thoughts on what you posted. A little bit of dirt never hurt any one. Some times its good for you to get your hands a little dirty. The poverty here has made me feel better about myself as it feels good to help out people in need and I try to do as much as possible. The traffic, well I just take taxi and some times sleep until i get to where I,m going. The language barrier is a tough one but a smile goes a long way here and a hug blows them away. at least that is what I have experienced As for some feeling like a loser for coming here for girls, Getting a good women is one of the most important things a man has to do and you will not find any better women than you can find in the Philippines ( their not spoiled yet ). The only thing that really irritates me is hearing sorry sir out of stock, If i had a pesos for every time I have heard that well you know. 1%20%28103%29.gif When that happens its time to go home and have a :AddEmoticons04230:
  • Like 4

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Well for me the stress factor was work related ..... being in a position that other people wanted and knowing that they would and tried to do everything to get you removed from that position so they could get it ..... the constant fear of (as an ol' fart) of what you are going to do if you loose your job ..... Walmart has just so many openings for greeters and baggers ...... here I don't get stressed out about the small stuff ..... sure I get annoyed about some of the things that go on here but I don't lay awake at night worrying about them ...... I am involved with them for the moment but when I walk away the problem stays there .... whether resolved or not ..... I don't have to live with them .... IMHO
Mike, You mean they were all trying to steal your job as a bagger / greeter, That is stressful. Just kidding
  • Like 3