Is There A Quiet Place To Live?

andre007
Posted
Posted

My favorite quiet peaceful place with fresh air is Nivel Hills Busay Lahug which starts around Marco Polo and City Lights condo's area that someone just mentioned. I am referring to just a little bit more near Mr A's restaurant and even going further up the mountains going towards Top Hills..Some of the views are second to none.I have lived in Busay for about 2 years and several other foreigners live just about a 3 minutes walk from me. To me this place is far enough away from the Rat race but close enough where I can get to anything fast in Jeep, Taxi or Motor. I can't ever seeing myself living anyplace else.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It just occured to me. The location that is exactly what you ask for, rural, quiet, seaside life in an area that is easily accesible to Cebu shopping. Perhaps you have heard of it: Poor Clare Monastery, Consolacion, CebuEven if you are not a part of their order, the area is very nice.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

How cheap is cheap on Olango Island?You can get some cheap places in the province, reasonably close to facilities.I pay P2500 per month for a low class 2 bedroom apartment 10 minutes walk to the wet market, small supermarkets and the cafes by the sea. 5 minutes walk to the Catholic Church. It is a 4 hour slow boat ride back to Cebu City.Not sure if you can find a place withought cocks crowing though.By the way, I miss the cocks crowing when I am not in the Philippines.Regards: Jim

• Like 1

Victoria
Posted
Posted

I pay 3,800 pesos for a place right on the beach.....NO roosters! The neighbor on my left is the cemetery; no problems with noise coming from that direction! The sea is in front of me, and mangroves are on the other side. There is a small community behind me, but I can't even see them from this property (very large). The only time they were a problem was during their fiesta. I was told about another house for rent here on the island that I will look at in the next few days. We shall see. I'm presently about 2 1/2 hours to get to Ayala. A few places have been mentioned that I will probably check out in the next couple of months. I appreciate all the feedback.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Also, there is no real medical care here. There's a very small hospital that really is little more than a birthing center. Most real emergencies never make it to the hospital in LapuLapu or Cebu.
That is an important factor to be considered, regardless of health. The closest major medical from me is Naga, probably 45 min even with lights and sirens. May not make it.
  • Like 1