Pensions! The Serious Bit!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:attention: As we Get older, we realise that life and time marches on. At 16/17 we have life before us, time is of No Importance. NOW! things are Different, The Time has come that I felt Maybe Felt, would never come. THE TOTAL, RETIREMENT. When I retired from the RAF it was a big thing, 45, HA! Young still. Now, I have only 13 months and the ARP comes in, ( Age Related Pension) Now this, will apply mainly to UK members but! I will welcome all responses. My service Pension was sorted many years ago, this is not what I write about here. We hear and talk about Cost of Living, Exchange rates and everything about our lives in the P.I. Now I need to ask a Question?What is the best way to receive the Government Pension Payment? Given that the UK (I Guess other Countries too. have a Reciprocal Pension Agreement with the P.I) I think maybe only UK members who have Actually opted for a payment, could answer this as I would Hope for. again, all answers will help.Do I?1. Have it paid to a UK Bank account and draw at ATM.2. Have it paid to a UK bank account and Transfer Monthly.3. Take the FCO Initiative and go the Whole Hog and do it through the DWP ( Department of Works & Pensions)Although I have always felt I was in Control of my Destiny, With 13 months to go, I realise I am most certainly Not. Guys & Gals, any help and/or Suggestions will be Great.Jack P. :attention:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1. Have it paid to a UK Bank account and draw at ATM.
Nope,deposit in my bank account and at least one of us will be happy. :) Seriously I'm glad I don't have to worry about these things for sometime. By the time I am able to receive a pension I bet its just something you read about in history books, online of course as there will be no books.Hope someone from the UK can help answer your question. :tiphat:
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1. Have it paid to a UK Bank account and draw at ATM.
Nope,deposit in my bank account and at least one of us will be happy. :) Seriously I'm glad I don't have to worry about these things for sometime. By the time I am able to receive a pension I bet its just something you read about in history books, online of course as there will be no books.Hope someone from the UK can help answer your question. :tiphat:
:) :hystery: :hystery: At least you get my Point here??Jack P. :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

mmm Sorry, seems to be a double post here. :tiphat: Another 100 Lines " I must not waste Web Space "Jack :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
mmm Sorry, seems to be a double post here. :hystery: Another 100 Lines " I must not waste Web Space "Jack :hystery:
Nah, as they say here in Aus, your dreaming but if you really want to save web space and make it easier for others to read it might be best to use the standard normal font and color unless you wish to emphasize a point. :) :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sorted! thank you. :541:Jack P.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sorted! thank you. :541:Jack P.
Your a good man Jack but no way will I greet you apron landing in my usual manner, Hi -Jack. 1%20(72).gif

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:tiphat: :) :hystery: mmmmmmmmmm Maybe a name change is in order here? BUT! then, I would not be me!Jack :hystery:

Curley
Posted
Posted

How many years have you been in Spain Jack? Working? You may find that you have to draw your pension through Spain.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have heard that you can open a £ account here in the phills and then take it out when the exchange rate is good for you. I cannot remember where I heard it from or all the details. Maybe it was in Cebu britclub try that jackKevin