Pensions! The Serious Bit!

crazykopite
Posted
Posted

I turned 65 this month, live permanently in Cebu and am in the process of trying to get my first payment made. I can't tell you if what I have done will work as my first payment is due mid April but I am optimistic.I have attached part of the letter from UK Pensions which told me how much and how I could be paid.The way I read it is that they can pay my money into my UK bank account or send me a cheque every month. It would take another month for the bank to process the cheque so this was not my first choice; but I don't have a UK bank account and without a residential address there, I didn't think I would be able to open one.On the internet I came across the fact that the Allied bank had a branch in London and after visiting a local branch decided to open a an account with them. They were very helpful and sent emails to the London branch to check if my pension could be paid in their bank in London. They even texted me back when the got answers from their UK branch - apparently they do this for many people in my situation. I was very impressed with their service, however I will only know if it works next month.

Your UK pension is paid every 28 days and not monthly and as you live in the Phill's you will receive your yearly increase every April !!!

• Like 1