Future Plans To Retire There Can Be A Lonely Road…

chimellie
Posted
Posted

Hey Bows..I met my wife here in the States 12 years ago, I was going though a divorce and so she was. It was right timing for both of us and we are still happily married. You still can find a good Filipina here but make sure she's not too Americanized.......My wife works hard every day and she still cooks, cleans and she doesn't blow money.We have been saving our money the past 10 years so I can retire early at 57, I will be 53 this coming October. We already have a place built in Talisay city, Cebu. I can't wait.................

• Like 1

retired
Posted
Posted
Since I made the decision to really work at getting things in order to move I have noticed the same thing. It got so bad that last week at Home Depot I saw a really nice, and cheap, screwdriver set... and decided not to buy it. I couldn't commit to a screwdriver set because I'll just have to get rid of it next year. I'm just going through the motions at work. Luckily in my job you can half-ass it and get away with it. :)Hell, with my luck I'll meet some great woman - now that I'm not looking!
Just buy metric... :-)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:lol: Then I need say No more, I think my point was Taken :)Jack P. :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson

redhorse
Posted
Posted
One negative side affect as a result of my last visit to the Philippines is that I find myself putting my life on hold here in the US. I have 5 years left until I can retire and start my 2nd life there. It really hit me today when I found out my close buddy (whose 48 years old), is going to have his first baby and as a result, decided to get married. He has a whole new life ahead of him-such an exciting time for any man. And here I am, just daydreaming about the Philippines…and sadly, a part of me is reluctant to meet women here in the US because they will not fit into my future plans.Now don't get me wrong, it is still much more pleasant to have a light at the end of the tunnel - to be able to look forward to that day when I can kiss my job good bye and start my new life there, but isn't life supposed to be a journey? Aren't you supposed to enjoy the ride to your final destiny and goal? It sucks when life is passing you by… I find myself just working and just passing time to hit 56 years. Funny... until I went to the PI, I always felt time was passing me by too rapidly, but now, I can't wait to get 5 years older! And yes, the Philippines, as wonderful as it is, it turned my social life here in the US to zero…Maybe I should get a life...
Hi. I feel the same way. Ever since I stepped off the plane in Thailand 15 years ago, I knew exatcly where I wanted to be. I'll be retiring in 2 years in Phils. I have been counting down the days for 15 years which is a long time. Like you. I 'll be getting my early pension at 55. Only 70% but what the heck. I'll be there. Hang in there man. Last couple of years should go by real quick....hehehe....I hope for you and me.good luckRedhorse

redhorse
Posted
Posted
Since I made the decision to really work at getting things in order to move I have noticed the same thing. It got so bad that last week at Home Depot I saw a really nice, and cheap, screwdriver set... and decided not to buy it. I couldn't commit to a screwdriver set because I'll just have to get rid of it next year. I'm just going through the motions at work. Luckily in my job you can half-ass it and get away with it. :)Hell, with my luck I'll meet some great woman - now that I'm not looking!
Hi. I know the feeling. I've been slowly but surely getting rid of my things I really don't need. When I moved from hollywood to where I am in north. I got rid of my expensive granite table. Gave away my sofa and even my expensive bed...head board and stuff for I won't be needing them anymore.I'll move with some clothing and my important files and my family photos and a computer. That's all. My life as I know it in the states in slowly coming to an end. Thank you America for what you've giving me...ready for a brand new 2nd half or more like last 1/3 of my life.take care. Good luck Redhorse
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:) OK Bows! Now we have a Different slant on this Thread, I hope it does not get into the Split Content thing, For me. I think you need to concentrate on one thing at a time. Ask yourself this. Is the issue of retirement, more important, than the Now current issue, of the job Loss? The answer to this, will give you the direction you need to go. mmmm As one door closes, another opens, Springs to mind here. :thumbsup:Jack P. :)

• Like 1

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

I am 37 and by no means financially wealthy but I am too winding down my life here in the US and will be making themove to PI next year. I could list a million reasons why. My biggest challenge will be making some money in PI butI have a few things that I think will work. I know I am taking a risk but nothing is guaranteed and I choose to live lifeinstead of just going thru the motions in the US and being unhappy. I know so many that would do the same but theyhold onto the security of what they are "comfortable" with. cant blame them but for me life shall be an adventure.

• Like 3