Same The World Over! ( The Foreigner)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:chickendance: I have just come back from Lunch with a Friend. Well I say lunch! Earlier to day, I was reading a thread from Bows00, In that thread, was mention to the misfits, that sit below the Escalator in Robinson's, looking up girls Skirts, We have the same her in Dumaguete, here it is outside McDonalds, You have seen them, Taking advantage of the Free Dish water, trying to put the World (Well the Fils) to rights. I was astounded to realise, that is is Every where. I was sat having a Tapa and a beer in a Quiet San Roque (Andalucia, SPAIN) City Square Tapas Bar, In the front of me were 8/9 European Men, all were having a Go at Spain, the Cost of Living, The taxes, How bad things are. You name it, they said it. seems we are never happy where we are. are we all going MAD or are we Just not happy at all?? do we forget the words " When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do" surely we should accept what is here for us?Jack P.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
:chickendance: I have just come back from Lunch with a Friend. Well I say lunch! Earlier to day, I was reading a thread from Bows00, In that thread, was mention to the misfits, that sit below the Escalator in Robinson's, looking up girls Skirts, We have the same her in Dumaguete, here it is outside McDonalds, You have seen them, Taking advantage of the Free Dish water, trying to put the World (Well the Fils) to rights. I was astounded to realise, that is is Every where. I was sat having a Tapa and a beer in a Quiet San Roque (Andalucia, SPAIN) City Square Tapas Bar, In the front of me were 8/9 European Men, all were having a Go at Spain, the Cost of Living, The taxes, How bad things are. You name it, they said it. seems we are never happy where we are. are we all going MAD or are we Just not happy at all?? do we forget the words " When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do" surely we should accept what is here for us?Jack P.
Hey Jack P,Will I be too obvious joining the group of misfits using a pair of binoculars? In case you haven't notice, I'm one of theforum DOM's and I need to continually remind myself to tone down my sexual innuendos. We have several activefemale members (including a catholic nun -- hello sister Victoria) to keep me on my toes....he, he.It would seem like any gathering of old farts (like me) discussing local and national events, the more popular subjectsaround the table would be the b-tch and moan types. Why is that? Did we forget to take our meds? Or we took toomany of those "blue pills" and still can't rise to the occasion. Oh well.....just remind me to make sure my dentures arealigned before I smile at the next young lady fogging my binoculars....he, he.Good boy ako -- Jake Edited by Jake
korrect my spilleng
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:chickendance: Somehow Jake, I just don't believe you are a member of Any Foreigner Embassy (local joke for McD's & these other places) the members, rarely join a Forum like this, For fear of being told a truth or two. It does make me and I think others too, Wonder though, why not stay at home, if they can't cope with a new home and just integrate, to me, this is what it is all about, not trying to change things that have been a certain way for so long. I know that the PI is not perfect and anywhere near it but Life is good, if you just join in." If you can't beat them, Join them." Springs to mind here.As someone said early today. each to their own. It works for me. :tiphat:Jack P. :chickendance:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
:chickendance: Somehow Jake, I just don't believe you are a member of Any Foreigner Embassy (local joke for McD's & these other places) the members, rarely join a Forum like this, For fear of being told a truth or two. It does make me and I think others too, Wonder though, why not stay at home, if they can't cope with a new home and just integrate, to me, this is what it is all about, not trying to change things that have been a certain way for so long. I know that the PI is not perfect and anywhere near it but Life is good, if you just join in." If you can't beat them, Join them." Springs to mind here.As someone said early today. each to their own. It works for me. :tiphat:Jack P. :chickendance:
Yeah, you got me pegged alright.....even as a Filipino, I do my share of b_tchin' and moanin' here too. However, I will neverforget where I came from and would like to think that my teenage kids will never forget their place of birth either. In spite ofthe many negatives being discussed, many more pleasant memories will out weigh the pit falls living in PI -- much more.For example, Dumaguete of southern Negros Oriental where you are presently residing, looks very metropolis but somewhatcleaner and less populated. The promenade walk along the bay is breath taking. Perhaps, we could set up a friendly gameof chess, while we discuss more pleasant things in life -- our families and the rich muti-cultures surrounding us.Respectfully -- Jake Edited by Jake
correct sentence structure
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:chickendance: Jake, That would be My Pleasure, When I get back Home (July/August) maybe we can do just that. (Chess :chickendance:) mmmm How many SMBs before your Mind losses Concentration.Jack P. :565:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Jack, when I read your 2nd post, I was thinking of another post I read earlier (can't remember whose though joeatmanila does come to mind) about the member's father griping and returning home because he couldn't handle all the changes. I think - for these older "AFE" members - this is probably their "return to home"... Ok, the part under the escalator is their 27th childhood kicking in - or senility!

i am bob
Posted
Posted
member of Any Foreigner Embassy
Thanks for that Jack it made me laugh as I'm the one that made the comment on the escalators ...... it would be comical if it wasn't for the fact that it puts the rest of us in an extremely bad light ..... remember the post we had on respect and the lack of ..... well to me a group of foreigners sitting under the escalators and making no effort to hide the fact they are looking up the girls dresses is to me a major sign of disrespect ..... and the fact that they have booming voices that can be heard all over the first floor as they discuss how "stupid" ... (their words not mine) Pilipinos are and how everything is so much better where they came from ..... now as Pilipinos can and do understand English they can hear and understand everything they are saying ...... these are probably the same people that complain how the Pilipinos don't like foreigners and try and scam them ever chance they get ...... duh ...... I wonder why they would think that ......And as you said ...... it is just not here but where you are also ..... if I had nothing better to do with my life but to sit day after day and complain to my cohorts about how terrible my life is and how I hate it where I live and how rotten the people here are ........ I would do one of 2 things ..... jump off the Mactan bridge into the ocean or carry my fat arse back to my beloved home country and quit making myself a boil on the arse humanity ...... that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...... :)
Well said Mike!Sorry I forgot it was your post... My apologies!!!And now to go off topic! Bring back Bubbles!!! Please!!! :)

Mike S
Posted
Posted

No need to apologize Bob ...... nothing to apologize for ...... as to Bubbles I'm afraid he has retired after 3 years of constantly keeping a watchful eye on several boards ..... I do have several more pictures of him but they are being used on other boards by other parties and I don't want someone to think I am one of them ..... damn that didn't even make sense to me ..... :) :) .... to damn early in the morning ...... :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I don't want someone to think I am one of them
Ahh well. If that is a concern for you then you need to know that the shadow is another well known forum participant from many other forums I glance at. Now if you could come up with Bubbles' shadow then you would have something :lol:
  • Like 2