Same The World Over! ( The Foreigner)

retired
Posted
Posted

Can't be found hanging around at the escalator but then i have never been into the mall thing . Have been known to hang out at a weekly expat gathering here in CDO however where there is some small degree of grumpiness but not much . Maybe it's the cold beer , the pool , the excellent international food menu , service or , maybe it's the fact that there are few guys that don't have partners , mostly younger . More Aussies and Europeans in general and for some reason or another they just don't seem to have a high grumpy quotient . :-) There is is on occasion , however , an interest in the purchase and merit of certain little pills , in multiple colours . The legal ones , of course . :-)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
member of Any Foreigner Embassy
Thanks for that Jack it made me laugh as I'm the one that made the comment on the escalators ...... And as you said ...... it is just not here but where you are also ..... if I had nothing better to do with my life but to sit day after day and complain to my cohorts about how terrible my life is and how I hate it where I live and how rotten the people here are ........ I would do one of 2 things ..... jump off the Mactan bridge into the ocean or carry my fat arse back to my beloved home country and quit making myself a boil on the arse humanity ...... that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...... :lol:
Well Mike, This is one of those Threads, that can go on forever, each day will bring a Fresh Grump. Lets Hope we can stay on the right side of the Escalator. Going up and not down to another level.Jack P. :999:
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well put Jack and my sentiments exactly ...... now if I could just get my asawa to climb up and down our ladder ...... hummmmmmm ..... hey Jake ... you seen that French Maids costume :thumbsup: ......... only kidding .....I just shake my head in disbelief every time I have had to pass that way ..... used to go by 2-3 times a week but thank god it is very seldom now that we have moved ..... reminds me of a kid I went to school with when we were in the 5th grade .... he got caught with a mirror taped to his shoe so he could look up the girls dresses ...... got suspended for a week if I remember right ..... :)

Edited by Mike S

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think its the same every where and just human nature to complain about things.I bet if everyone thought about the conversations they had today with people that in there somewhere there will be complaints. Even this topic could be seen as a complaint depending on ones mind set.Not having a go at the topic but just using it to make my point but then again the last time I tried to make a point someone ran home to mama. :thumbsup: I think I will crawl in my hole now. :)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't know if we could ever get rid of the moaning and groaning but I know how to fix the old guys in the mall...Get a bunch of Scotties in their kilts to go up and down the escalators for a couple days!!! :tiphat: :thumbsup: :unsure: :unsure:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't know if we could ever get rid of the moaning and groaning but I know how to fix the old guys in the mall...Get a bunch of Scotties in their kilts to go up and down the escalators for a couple days!!! :tiphat: :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery:
What about that Chinese/Scottish guy in the kilt, Mr Won Hung Low :)
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I don't know if we could ever get rid of the moaning and groaning but I know how to fix the old guys in the mall...Get a bunch of Scotties in their kilts to go up and down the escalators for a couple days!!! :tiphat: :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery:
What about that Chinese/Scottish guy in the kilt, Mr Won Hung Low :)
Knowing My Luck! i will have the other, that Hung low, It is like when, I wing the wong Number. I get, how many No 7's and what rice. Well as of Today, Not WHITE rice :hystery:Sorry could not resist this Departure from Topic :tiphat:Jack P. :)

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Guess I do not " get-it ". For decades I had to listen to the populaces complaints. Everything from " Its yo job " to " You owes me, man ". ( Well, until they crossed the line. I learned to wait for those moments ) One of the municipalities I worked for was a huge tourist town. Folks of every walk of life and ethnic background. Rich and poor alike.I do NOT get WHY folks would go somewhere, especially purposefully and " Fuss /complain ".Here is what I would hope to do in the event I seen things that were " Not right ". Strive to change it for the better. There is always someone who does not have it as good as someone else. Try and start a program to improve things or join a group that is already making headway. Step outside your own misery and look to help. No greater way to get one's self out of a slump.Forgive me. Perhaps I simply have miss understood and have reflected to much on my on limited experience with the " Complainers ". Nor will I share what I might do with the noise makers looking up unsuspecting young girls dresses either. Well, unless you were to sincerely ask me what was done in the past in similar situations. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I do NOT get WHY folks would go somewhere, especially purposefully and " Fuss /complain
1) Some people are really deep down miserable and they love the company of other miserable people so they try to get converts.2) Some people are superstitious and believe that if you say something is great, then the next thing that happens is that 'something' will go bad. Example: When you say its great weather we are having then rain clouds suddenly appear so some will take the opposite approach of saying its too dam hot, when actually they enjoy the tropical heat but do not want to jinx it.
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Can you get a monthly subscription to those seats under the escalator or is it first come first served?

• Like 1