Buying A Car

Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

Many, many of my friends have had custom assembled multicabs built for them in Cebu and they are all happy with them. I say custom assembled because you get to pick motor size, 2 or 4 wheel drive, cab extension and seating, air con or not.These units are often close to 200K but they are refurbished, like new, for second hand prices. I did not follow this advice and bought a second hand, older unit from a used car dealership. I wish now that I had followed my own advice. That is because I paid more for my unit and it has cost me more over the last 4 years than the multicab would have.

Hello I am Bob livint in TAcloban. I am interested in the multicab route. There are not places here that will customize these. Do you know of such a place(s) in Cebu your friewnds have used??

Thanks

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The bus rides and chicharon salesmen have long lost their charm so I am also looking for a used car but from a private seller, not dealer. I understand joeatmanila's point about buying a new car but the road and driving conditions here are so bad I just can't spend (what is to me) a very large amount of money on a new car. If you buy an old car you're probably getting no safety features like airbags and a lot of troubles, so I'm looking 2003+ and plan on spending accordingly. Having a trusted mechanic inspect the car is not a 100% guarantee but it's a lot better then not, imo, and money well spent. Bilten's advice on multicoffins is dead (xcuse the pun) on. I know someone who wrecked one on the Transcentral but walked away (sort of), you're safer on a motorbike.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

Many, many of my friends have had custom assembled multicabs built for them in Cebu and they are all happy with them. I say custom assembled because you get to pick motor size, 2 or 4 wheel drive, cab extension and seating, air con or not.These units are often close to 200K but they are refurbished, like new, for second hand prices. I did not follow this advice and bought a second hand, older unit from a used car dealership. I wish now that I had followed my own advice. That is because I paid more for my unit and it has cost me more over the last 4 years than the multicab would have.