Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Far,far away and Dont give them a working cell number. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I gonna jump in here and say ......IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE FAMILY .......... not all family's are greedy or snoopy .... now I'm not saying to live right next door but possibly in some cases that might be OK ..... just depends ..... my asawa lived many miles away from her family for 15 years years before I met her ..... we still live 8 hours away but when we move to Bacolod next year we will be on the same island but not the same neighborhood ...... but like I said it all depends on the family .... IMHO ...... :cheersty:

• Like 4

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Well I gonna jump in here and say ......IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE FAMILY .......... not all family's are greedy or snoopy .... now I'm not saying to live right next door but possibly in some cases that might be OK ..... just depends ..... my asawa lived many miles away from her family for 15 years years before I met her ..... we still live 8 hours away but when we move to Bacolod next year we will be on the same island but not the same neighborhood ...... but like I said it all depends on the family .... IMHO ...... :cheersty:

i,m moving to bacolod too next year lol its too hot and humid in mactan island plus its getting too over crouded for a small island
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Gee Mike... At the rate you're going, another 10 or 20 years from now and you'll be moving in with them!!!

:mocking:

• Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Here's my 2 cents worth on this subject. We are not living in Philippines full time as of yet. We have a house in Davao titled in my wife's name. The family is further inland close to the AARM region. Everyone agrees it is not a safe place for me to reside there. Fine for vacation and short trips but not full time.

So we thought of living in Davao. Now my wife has second thoughts about that because she does not want family using us as a hotel stop over while they are visiting Davao. She is concerned they will extent the stay...... for a long long time.

Now we are looking into other places. She even thinks Palawan would be good to look into.

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Do not live in Bocaue, main reason is floods, not unless you plan a home with a rescue boat attached.

To your description Clark would be a great alternative. Just a bus ride of less than an hour and without traffic from Bocaue that her family is, plenty of places where a kano can meet other kanos and have some fun (i am not talking the girlie bars fun, that is everywhere), an ok SM mall close by, airport for small escapes close by too, Subic, barrio barreto and related are a bus drive of 1 1/2 hour away, no traffic through SCTEX if you prefer to drive.

Clark is a beautiful city as well, much more maintained than the others. New subdivisions are popping up all the time so for sure you can find something nice to live in.

Clark and Bocaue is not so far away but not so close either, she can have her relatives whenever she wants but you'll get your peace of mind that they will not be in your house daily, think about it. :)

Now if pinatubo erupts again...you might end up burried in lahar...despite the fact that they have provided for a huge lahar river etc etc so not to have this disaster again.

Just my 2 centavos worth of opinion.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

And then you have the crazy guy.... end of story up front = I'm moving in with her family and helping to build the house.

They don't have a LOT but do just FINE without me and neither the parents nor any of the 5 brothers have ever asked for anything. Well, okay twice, but it was small and emergency condition with only a contribution requested and not entire amounts (1500 pesos is all for those that like numbers).

Since my arrival in Cebu (April 2012) we have grown exponentially as a couple and really think we've got something EXTRA SPECIAL going on. I am so comfortable that US as a couple is as important as the family (maybe more on a good day) and have fallen so in love with the whole family that we are going to all live happily ever after together. :cheersty:

Contextually you should know that the house we are helping to build is where we will live whenever in Cebu. I suspect that we will live here more than anywhere else when it is all done. Four floors, the first is ours, the second is for the rest of the family for now and floors 3 & 4 won't exist just yet. :no: We move in Monday, 17th. LUCK WISHES???

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted
We move in Monday, 17th. LUCK WISHES???

The very best of luck to you and the family. The important thing is that you are doing what YOU feel like doing.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
zardoz
Posted
Posted

I have tentatively agreed to build a small house on our land to accommodate her parents. They will tend our land and animals when we want to take trips. At first I had considered a house large enough to house all of us... my fiancee says "NO please... not inside our home..maybe we can build a tiny house for them?" . She is AMAZING! :)

Gord

• Like 2