Tourist Visa To U.s.

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,Be patient enough to answer my query, just want to know your experience with this for I know some of you can relate to this topic and hope to arrive in a conclusion: The case: A filipina married to American citrizen, she was issued a Tourist Visa before (B1B2) in U.S. Embassy in Kuwait applied by her American husband who was with her at that time the application is being filed. She came back here in PI before the expiration of her (B1B2). She will apply a B1B2 visa again in this case wthout her american husband being in the US working. At the time her B1B2 was granted she used her maiden as indicated to her Philippine passport. But this time she amend her Philippine passport to the surname of her husband. Question:1. Will the US embassy grant her a Tourist Visa (B1B2) again if she will apply the said Visa in US embassy? (This time withour her American husband applying with her, the Philippine passport amended to that of her Husband surname being lawfully married). Just in case how long will the processing takes? 2. She wants to accompany her illegitemate child to US being a tourist, child is a minor of 6 years old, surname of her child as it was appearing on Phil. passport is the surname of its filipino biological father. Will it be possible?Additional info: She had a money in the Bank around P200,000, her American husband is financially stable too. She dont have a property yet, she is renting an Apartment with advance payment of six month (she had a contract of lease). She is a Student here in the Philippines. Her Filipina mother is married to American Citizen also. They owned land. Thanks.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Ekonomizta,The above case is a little complicated about a Filipina citizen married to a US citizen currently in the US.May I suggest that you visit this website: http://manila.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visa.html.Read the FAQ, contact them via letters or phone and set up an appointment to answer your questions.It will be a long shot (odds against finding a member with similar case) that could give you direct answers.What is the American husband doing to assist her??

DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

Her husband should be able to petition her as an immigrant if he is an american citizen, right?

• Like 2

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info Sir Jake. I have read the link you gave me... I have questions but a little enlighten. Whew I easily post a reply without moderator's approval. Im a full member what is this full member? A premium member? and a forum support? Do I need to have a membership fee for this? Thanks. Sorry for being newbie.

Edited by ekonomizta

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the info Sir Jake. I have read the link you gave me... I have questions but a little enlighten. Whew I easily post a reply without moderator's approval. Im a full member what is this full member? A premium member? and a forum support? Do I need to have a membership fee for this? Thanks. Sorry for being newbie.
Everyone starts off as a new member in the New member Group, you then progress up to full member by post count. Other member groups are for those who wish to pay as a subscribing member which gives them more benefits and features. Some do this as a thank you for information and help pay the cost of running the forum. Forum Support is a moderator group. No you do not have to pay for anything on this forum. :cheersty:

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info sir.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am wondering since you are running an immigration business then you should be giving us the answers rather than asking us questions?Not a good way to run a business on the answers from a forum in my opinion.And if you want to advertise permission is needed.Small world hey!

gottawannalive
Posted
Posted

There are many individuals running immigration bu sinesses whose competecy is questionable for even filling out appropriate forms. Trust me on that one, I run an immigration business and am licensed to practice in the immigration courts in all 50 states. Notwithstanding that, the original question is not that complicated. First, as to wife's new tourist visa, its wholly and totally up to the discretion of the interviewer. The fact that she has been to the USA in the past and returned to the Philippines operates in her favor as do the facts that she has filipino significant sums banked, a leasehold and is in school. If hubby has filed a K-3 petition on her behalf, that fact corroborates the parties' intentions to do the non-immigrant and immigrant processes by the letter of the law. Husband should memorialize all of this with his letter directed to the embassy.As per the child, the odds would appear to diminish significantly. She can bring him on the K-3 anyway. Why file for two tourist visas when one could prejudice the other? That'll be $350.00 mam

Jake
Posted
Posted
There are many individuals running immigration bu sinesses whose competecy is questionable for even filling out appropriate forms. Trust me on that one, I run an immigration business and am licensed to practice in the immigration courts in all 50 states. Notwithstanding that, the original question is not that complicated. First, as to wife's new tourist visa, its wholly and totally up to the discretion of the interviewer. The fact that she has been to the USA in the past and returned to the Philippines operates in her favor as do the facts that she has filipino significant sums banked, a leasehold and is in school. If hubby has filed a K-3 petition on her behalf, that fact corroborates the parties' intentions to do the non-immigrant and immigrant processes by the letter of the law. Husband should memorialize all of this with his letter directed to the embassy.As per the child, the odds would appear to diminish significantly. She can bring him on the K-3 anyway. Why file for two tourist visas when one could prejudice the other?That'll be $350.00 mam
Thank you Gottawannalive,I had to look up K-3 (K-4 visa is for eligible children of K-3 spouse). Seems clear to me. Your statementIf hubby has filed a K-3 petition.....should be the one to take the initiative. I agree, why apply for touristvisa (B-1) which might prejudice the filing of K-3 application. Welcome aboard sir -- Jake

mariposa
Posted
Posted
I am wondering since you are running an immigration business then you should be giving us the answers rather than asking us questions?Not a good way to run a business on the answers from a forum in my opinion.And if you want to advertise permission is needed.Small world hey!
Im not practicing US Immigration. Just wanna help a relative, I might be knowledgable when it comes to Philippine Immigration in legal laws. Im not advertising also in this forum. I have money to pay ads. Besides I dont need ads. Do I ask anyone on this forum to process with me? Im answering things to my capacity Im not here to gain clients its their choice. And when Im confused to one thing Im asking the opinion of others, and their experience to come up to a better solution. Thats why theres survey. Im asking for your experience, that will help me. And in return if anyone here in the forum will be in need as to my capacity I will share my knowledge. Im not 100% good in my field as to what other consultants said they are. AGain Im not here for your penny, got mine. If you think my stay on this forum will cause you people or this forum trouble you can ban me. Thanks.