"where Is Home"

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

After reading some of this weeks posts on topics concerning Moving and Costs and related things, I sat and thought about Something my daughter said to me on Friday. Daddy, When are you coming home? Will you miss my graduation?I guess many here, are still living in our their own countries and visit the PI a lot and maybe have Family here already. For some time now, 3 years I guess, Dumaguete is my home, My Grand Mother always said and I think it is true today, HOME, is where the heart is, My heart is on Negros and In the Land we are building on, for my eventual Retirement next year. I talk to my girls daily, Telephone, Skype, YM you name it, we have the Conversation as is if I was in the next Room. To me Dumaguete and My girls are at home and I am just away Working. He He, I am even a Foreigner here in Southern Spain and have to Report this fact to the Authorities.My Lilmo (Little Monkey) tells all, OH dad, he is away Working. I just I would ask, How many feel the way I do about this?I wonder how many, of the Absent from home members, will sit and think about this. " Where is Home to You "Jack P. :hystery:

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
After reading some of this weeks posts on topics concerning Moving and Costs and related things, I sat and thought about Something my daughter said to me on Friday. Daddy, When are you coming home? Will you miss my graduation?I guess many here, are still living in our their own countries and visit the PI a lot and maybe have Family here already. For some time now, 3 years I guess, Dumaguete is my home, My Grand Mother always said and I think it is true today, HOME, is where the heart is, My heart is on Negros and In the Land we are building on, for my eventual Retirement next year. I talk to my girls daily, Telephone, Skype, YM you name it, we have the Conversation as is if I was in the next Room. To me Dumaguete and My girls are at home and I am just away Working. He He, I am even a Foreigner here in Southern Spain and have to Report this fact to the Authorities.My Lilmo (Little Monkey) tells all, OH dad, he is away Working. I just I would ask, How many feel the way I do about this?I wonder how many, of the Absent from home members, will sit and think about this. " Where is Home to You "Jack P. :hystery:
Feelings from the heart simply cannot be expressed into mechanical words. But I must say, you have deeplytouch many of us in expressing that love has no bounds as you miss your family back home in Dumaguete.Well done RAF-- Jake

i am bob
Posted
Posted

After having a life and a career where I was constantly on the move, I can whole heartedly agree...Home is where your heart wants to be... And where the ones you love the most are waiting for you...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For me its all about getting a good, comfortable, restful, stress free sleep. If I am getting that, then I am home. I have many homes. My mother's house is home. Where I live with my wife is home. There are even some comfortable hotel rooms that I fondly remember as home at times. (If you think that unusual, ask yourself if you have ever asked someone to 'come home' with you and then retired to your hotel room.)

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

you said it perfectly. my heart is in PI and that is why I can no longer bear the burden of only being there 2 months a year. god bless you and your family.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well the Philippines and in particular Cebu has been my HOME for more than 4 years now .... it is my home and the place I will die and become my final home ..... it will be the last place I ever see ..... can't say it will just be Cebu but it will definitely be the Philippines ..... the good lord willing and the creek don't rise ..... :thumbsup: :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
After reading some of this weeks posts on topics concerning Moving and Costs and related things, I sat and thought about Something my daughter said to me on Friday. Daddy, When are you coming home? Will you miss my graduation?I guess many here, are still living in our their own countries and visit the PI a lot and maybe have Family here already. For some time now, 3 years I guess, Dumaguete is my home, My Grand Mother always said and I think it is true today, HOME, is where the heart is, My heart is on Negros and In the Land we are building on, for my eventual Retirement next year. I talk to my girls daily, Telephone, Skype, YM you name it, we have the Conversation as is if I was in the next Room. To me Dumaguete and My girls are at home and I am just away Working. He He, I am even a Foreigner here in Southern Spain and have to Report this fact to the Authorities.My Lilmo (Little Monkey) tells all, OH dad, he is away Working. I just I would ask, How many feel the way I do about this?I wonder how many, of the Absent from home members, will sit and think about this. " Where is Home to You "Jack P. :thumbsup:
Feelings from the heart simply cannot be expressed into mechanical words. But I must say, you have deeplytouch many of us in expressing that love has no bounds as you miss your family back home in Dumaguete.Well done RAF-- Jake
Thank you Jake, have to Admit I had a Tear and my eye when I wrote it and Another when I read the reply posts, Thank You, to those that posted.You know, I actually like the sign off you gave me, maybe I give it some thought about a rebrand, on the Hi-Jack issue :thumbsup:Happy Jack P. :hystery:

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Jack, You Sir, are more than just lucky.....your down right blessed. ( We all are blessed to a degree & I am grateful ) What I mean to say is, IF a man has something he is working towards. Someone or in your case , Some-one's he is working for. ( Plural ) More than an Objective, a true & noble self-less goal. A family ! I can not help but envy some of you guys a bit. In a good way I think. I , as well as many....IF not most HERE, have been driven. Worked hard, sacrificed & saved for years...decades even.You Jack Peterson Have reminded me of why I hope. What all the energy, tears and sweat have been for. I will gleefully go to worship service & praise the Almighty God through Christ this morning a little louder and a little deeper because of your thought provoking words. You fight /work for something greater than yourself..... your heart.....your family. Where a man's family is...well...I believe we have evidence enough to say that is where he'll find his true heart. Respectfully,Higg-num

• Like 3

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I now have 2 homes and dam is it getting expensive lol

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I now have 2 homes and dam is it getting expensive lol
I guess you mean one in each country? If you had to make choice, where would it be?
  • Like 1