Philippines No Longer Trusted Country For Germany

P.S.
Posted
Posted

After a couple of years living together (6 Years) with my fiancé in Japan, China and of course the Philippines we decided to marry this year.Only to make it clear, we plan to marry this year.So we start the normal process to get her paperwork, my paperwork to bring it to the embassy.Oh surprise. The embassy do not longer prove the documents.Now I have to bring it personally to Germany.Germany send the papers than back to Manila.Manila embassy hires a investigator to Che k that all the statements are thru.Oh before I forget, all places she stayed from 15 years old must be provided.The whole process takes up to 6 month in the RP.After that the papers go back to Germany and I get the allowence to marry.Than back to the Embassy after I Pickup the paperwork in Germany and get the right document for the authorities here.After that all we can set up our marriage.Global Thinking?Thank you Germany for that really easy process.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forumI'm slightly confused but it has been one of those days. You are planning to marry in the Philippines?

P.S.
Posted
Posted

Of course we plan to marry in the RP.Good old Balamban.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Of course we plan to marry in the RP.Good old Balamban.
Ah the papers you are talking about are the Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage.

P.S.
Posted
Posted

Oh if that would be the paper that would be fine.All the papers including birth certificate ( also for the kids), that no marriage thing, certificate of marriage ( Ney Ney was already marriaged), death certificate and so on will be checked by an investigator after I bring them to Germany. Germany don't trust the philippine paperwork any more. You can read it on the website of the German embassy in Manila.The crazy thing is that in my case (I live with my fiancé in Balamban) I have to bring the documents to Germany (something like NSO here) and they send it back to Manila. Then Manila send it back (after 6 month) to Germany where I have to pick the documents up. Then I bring them to Manila again for getting my certificate to marry.That is such a b.......I hope it's really the girl I meet years ago and not somebody else.You never know what the investigator will find out. LoL

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sounds a bit harsh as I read it. This is the Whole reason the Red Ribbon System was Introduced. Check it out and I think you will Find a Trip to Germany is not Required.I see no reason that Your CNI can be withheld. (presuming all your Documents are in Order) your own Embassy can deal with that.I find it strange that anyone needs to Know, where she has been living or What she has been Doing since 15. You will marry in the PI.as long as she has her Documents as Required, I see No problem.This thing of Not Trusting Filipino Paperwork can be Overcome, if it is all Red Ribboned.It Sounds to me, that Germany has got the Hump because they Closed the Philippine Embassy there.Ask on My Friend, There may be more help than you Think here.Sorry, Forgot to say Welcome. :unsure:Jack P. :hystery:

P.S.
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the advise.I talked with the embassy and the ones in Germany. There is no other way. The process must be followed if you want to legalize your marriage in Germany.The only thing I could negotiate is that I must not show up in Germany personally. I can send the documdnts to him. And after the 6 month process he can pick up and send back. Here is the link to the embassy file: http://www.manila.diplo.de/Vertretung/manila/de/04/Konsularischer__Service/Legalisierung__Urkunden.html

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I feel your pain Peter. It took two years for my wife to arrive here in the US. I hope you guys can find a way to get through this paperwork quickly and have a good life.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Thank you for the advise.I talked with the embassy and the ones in Germany. There is no other way. The process must be followed if you want to legalize your marriage in Germany.The only thing I could negotiate is that I must not show up in Germany personally. I can send the documents to him. And after the 6 month process he can pick up and send back.Here is the link to the embassy file: http://www.manila.di...__Urkunden.html
Well Peter, I Wish you well on this, I know the US have Strict Rules and after Reading some of the problems encountered, I am Glad I am British. (Absolutly no offence meant here my Cousins) I am just Surprised, that a European country, is being so draconian on the this issue. If you were applying Now, for Her (their) Entry to Germany, I think I might understand a little more. All you are doing now is applying for your CNI. As you say, if you can't Negotiate any more then I, as others will, feel for you. On top of this of Course, you will have the Filipino marriage Paperwork Ritual after you get the Go Ahead from Germany.I hope that we will read of your progress in Due Course, Any Information is good for others that may find Themselves in the same boat.Best of Luck, I hope all goes well and we can Hear Wedding Bells This year.Jack P. :hystery:

P.S.
Posted
Posted
I feel your pain Peter. It took two years for my wife to arrive here in the US. I hope you guys can find a way to get through this paperwork quickly and have a good life.
Thank you for your wishes.I can't use the button so I will do it that way.