Philippines No Longer Trusted Country For Germany

P.S.
Posted
Posted
Thank you for the advise.I talked with the embassy and the ones in Germany. There is no other way. The process must be followed if you want to legalize your marriage in Germany.The only thing I could negotiate is that I must not show up in Germany personally. I can send the documents to him. And after the 6 month process he can pick up and send back.Here is the link to the embassy file: http://www.manila.di...__Urkunden.html
Well Peter, I Wish you well on this, I know the US have Strict Rules and after Reading some of the problems encountered, I am Glad I am British. (Absolutly no offence meant here my Cousins) I am just Surprised, that a European country, is being so draconian on the this issue. If you were applying Now, for Her (their) Entry to Germany, I think I might understand a little more. All you are doing now is applying for your CNI. As you say, if you can't Negotiate any more then I, as others will, feel for you. On top of this of Course, you will have the Filipino marriage Paperwork Ritual after you get the Go Ahead from Germany.I hope that we will read of your progress in Due Course, Any Information is good for others that may find Themselves in the same boat.Best of Luck, I hope all goes well and we can Hear Wedding Bells This year.Jack P. :hystery:
This year will get hard.The embassy need round about 6 month to investigate if your statements and papers are ok. So earliest November.We can send the papers in may in case we are at the moment in china.Then the German authorities are not the fastest.With much luck under the Christmas tree.When we have done the process I will post it for other couples that plan to go that way.Only my opinion. Germany make this process so long and complicated to let many people stop on half way. They are afraid of getting foreign people and culture in the country. It's a pitty that a country go that way and treat there citizen like small kids. That has nothing to do anymore with protection. Maybe I should tell them that we do not plan to go to Germany. Who knows maybe we get the papers faster.
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The process must be followed if you want to legalize your marriage in Germany.
As I don't know anything about Germany it surprises me that Germany even has to be involved. Its always been my understanding that a legal marriage in the Philippines is recognized world wide.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
The process must be followed if you want to legalize your marriage in Germany.
As I don't know anything about Germany it surprises me that Germany even has to be involved. Its always been my understanding that a legal marriage in the Philippines is recognized world wide.
This was my point Entirely, However, it seems at Face value, there is something, I think we may all be missing. maybe Peter, will uncover things and enlighten us, as it unfolds. To me, it is Not Following EU rules, on Overseas marriages.Jack P. :hystery:
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wow! I thought I would look the info up (my daughter is dual Canadian - Geman) just for shots and goggles... And I can now understand why Peter is not happy! Peter - it's not that I didn't trust you but because I just wanted to learn more of what was happening... It seems once one country does something, others follow suit quite quickly... And what did I find? To get the paperwork required to marry in the Phillippines from his own German government does indeed require that his bride-to-be sends all her paperwork to Germany as if they are to wed there... Processing will take minimum 2 weeks and up to 6 months - Baden (my old stomping grounds) is automatically a 6 month wait... What I don't know is this - what happens in the situation that the bride doesn't measure up to the government's research? And as for my daughter? As far as she is concerned, she is Canadian and will do what is required for Canada...!

tim
Posted
Posted

All the papers including birth certificate ( also for the kids), that no marriage thing, certificate of marriage ( Ney Ney was already marriaged), death certificate and so on will be checked by an investigator after I bring them to Germany. Germany don't trust the philippine paperwork any more.If i am following U Peter, and I am a USA citizen, so it might not hold up for Germany laws... BUT if Ney Ney if your lady waiting to be married, and if Ney Ney was already married in the Phillipines, and if the death certificate is not for her husband, then U have problems.... U will have to prove grounds for a Annulment - if U have not already gotten one, since there is no divorce in the Philippines.... and we are talking about years.... also, Ney Ney will have to have the father consent to take the kids out of the country too.... but I am sure I am reading this wrong....

brock
Posted
Posted

As I am understanding this, Peter wishes to marry in the Philippines and take his wife back to Germany, But Germany requires all this paperwork which will take 6 months before they will recognize the marriage,But, Their is nothing stopping Peter from getting married in the Philippines, If he cant get a CNI from his embassy, He can sign an affidavit testifying that he is free to marry.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My turn! :mocking:Peter wishes to marry Ney Ney (spelling?) in the Philippines and live in the Philippines. The issue is that Peter - who is German - wishes to have the marriage recognised in his home country as well. With Germany's new rules and regulations, they will not do this without Peter sending all this paperwork to Germany and then a German-hired detective will check her out first before they agree to send the papers back to Peter who can then get married in the Philippines and have the marriage recognised in both countries. As Ney Ney was previously married and then widowed, this information must accompany her paperwork as well as that involving the children.It's as if Germany is saying that it's people can marry a Filipina but they have to qualify to live in Germany before they will recognise the marriage - even if they have no intention of ever traveling to Germany at all!

• Like 1

P.S.
Posted
Posted

ok I'm back.First thank you all for the responses.The death Certificate is of course for her old Husband.We have the Certificate what is good in the first step.But she was married in Japan. That makes it a little bit complicated.NSO is very helpful and take over the case to prove the death for the Philippine Side.So the Status in the Philippines is green.What makes me mad is that even we don't plan to live in Germany, we have to follow that process to get my allowance.And seriously what will the investigator find in our hometown?And it takes that long.Thats so crazy especially that we are living together so long.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I feel for you Peter! No matter what country we are from, our governments will always do something that will have us shaking our heads!Good luck in your paper chase and, though I know we haven't finished speaking on it just yet, I would like to ask that you please keep us informed on how it is going for you!

P.S.
Posted
Posted
I feel for you Peter! No matter what country we are from, our governments will always do something that will have us shaking our heads!Good luck in your paper chase and, though I know we haven't finished speaking on it just yet, I would like to ask that you please keep us informed on how it is going for you!
of course like I say before when we have done the Process (also the different steps) I will post it to give some others the opportunity to start direct in the right direction and maybe save time and nerves.by the way thank you for your wishes.
  • Like 1