Visas And Getting Married.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Yes to be safe obay all the rules, i have used one way tickets to the Phil,and never been asked for onward ticket , it does state on my ticket it is needed but never checked, i don't remember where i purchased my onward ticket but i made the reservation on line , but they do not charge my credit card untill i go to board, so i canceled the flight after i was in the Phil no charge, in Manila you need appointment at embassy to get your certificate to marry, when i went first time no appointments that month, so i went to Cebu no problem just go early in the morning, as far as other requirments some can be worked around if you are known in the town, such as 10 day waiting and so on.

• Like 1

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

The US does not issue a CNI but they give a Certificate in lieu of.... and there is no waiting period. Go in on Monday and you should have it within an hour or two.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
The US does not issue a CNI but they give a Certificate in lieu of.... and there is no waiting period. Go in on Monday and you should have it within an hour or two.
Hi Paul. Just a quick note. Yes, they can have it in a couple of hours but they now require an appt to receive one now. This I believe was recently changed last year. Back in 2007 no appt was necessary but now I believe there is.

karlen
Posted
Posted

Wow! Im so glad i joined this forum. Im getting a lot of information :) thanks everyone.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

karlen ..... the best advise I can give you is to call the various agencies or better yet visit them in person ..... most will have printed requirements for you to follow ..... just ask for them ...... We still keep a copy of those that we got ..... to give to people planning on getting married here in Cebu ...... you are getting a lot of advise here but to be fair it will depend on the area you are in as to what requirements you will need ..... as you know being a Pilipina no rules and regulations are carved in stone and what is required in one region is not required in another ...... we were married 4 years ago here in Cebu and some of the advise above pertained to us and some did not and as you don't live here in Cebu I won't try and explain how we had to do it ..... except to say from start to finish (excluding the 13a) it took us more than 30 days ..... I personally know of a couple that were married in 2 weeks from the time he arrived until the time he left ..... legal .... I don't know but with friends in high places anything can be done here ...... good luck