Boracay Renting?

ozbuckley
Posted
Posted
Puerto Galera is a mini Boracay and one of my favorite spots in the Philipines. I can confirm that expenses in PG are alot less than Boracay. The town of Sabang is primarily a diving town, thus catering to alot of single males. There are 5 or 6 clubs there but honestly, I have never been to any of them as my girlfriend from Manila is always with me. We are usually early to bed and early to rise. For a filipino town, Sabang has everything you need to live a quiet filipino lifestyle. If you like the nightlife, it has that too. Don't go to Sabang for the beach as its really quite rocky and crappy.About a 15 minute trike ride from Sabang is the White Beach area which is my favorite on the island (Mindoro). There are perhaps a dozen restobars on the beach along with maybe a dozen hotels. The views across the Verde Straights are gorgeous as is the water and water temp. If you walk back behind the hotels you will enter a small town area with a few commercial places. We often buy some fish for $1.00 and take it to a small restaurant there where they will cook it and provide rice and salad for another $1.00. From Manila you take the bus down to the harbor at Batangas. I always recommend doing the trip on a Sunday morning for traffic reasons. Hop on a banka boat in Batangas to either Sabang or White Beach. Some stop off at Sabang and continue to White Beach. Others just go from one town or the other. Always confirm that you'll be on the right boat to the right place before departure.Anyway, the point is that I've spent plenty of time on Mindoro and know from experience that its considerably less expensive than Boracay. I never really looked but I'd think you could get something in or between Sabang and White Beach for 8,000.
Hey Gotta, Thanks for that write up.Gives me a good idea of what to expect!!! Thanks mate!