Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I got home from Baguio yesterday with a kg of strawberries (120 pesos). All I could find at the local CSI supermarket was Nestle's. So I bought some vanilla. It was 200 pesos for 1.3L. The ice cream itself was ok, not something I would normally buy. I loved the vanilla ice cream back home from a regional dairy. It was naturally slightly yellow due to all the cream. The Nestle's was ok once you added the fresh strawberries.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

There was a previous post on how to make homemade ice creams and sherbets. Should be fun because of the availability of different fruits in the Philippines. Haagen Dazs is very tasty because of the high butterfat content and sugar. In other words, high in calories and cholesterol. Yes. I am a killjoy for reminding everyone about the consequence of eating too much Haagen Dazs. My primary care physician would remind me, "It's okay to have one tablespoon every other week."

Edited by JJReyes

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Ice cream has always been something which I have a hard time cutting out of my diet. My roots go back to wisconsin dairy country where you can get incredibly rich dairy products. Nothing better than a high quality vanilla ice cream with some sort of berry. What I miss and can be hard to find even in the USA are black raspberries. Not blackberries. But the dark purple almost black raspberries. We had a few small bushes of them in our garden when I was growing up but I have found them almost impossible to find.